Yay, new fish!

Discussion in 'Zebra Danio' started by Fish Girl, Feb 11, 2006.

1. F

Fish Girl New Member Member

I just bought my first ever fish - six zebra danios - and am very pleased at officially becoming a tropical fish owner. Just thought I'd share how happy I'm feeling :)

2. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

good for you :)

3. w

whatsafish7 Valued Member Member

this is good new. well are u going to cycle your tank with these fish./

4. OP
    OP
    F

Fish Girl New Member Member

Yes, I'm using them to cycle with because I've only had the tank for two weeks.

5. Isabella

Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Congratulations! I know the feeling when you get some new fishies :) But just be careful with your water parameters now, because you had no fish before in your 8 gallon tank and there are probably not enough bacteria to support all 6 fish's wastes. You'll probably have to do frequent water changes to remove nitrite (and/or ammonia) which can possibly rise with the addition of 6 fish at once.

6. d

dano569 Valued Member Member

;D ;D 8) 8)

7. w

whatsafish7 Valued Member Member

i have heard zebra danios are great cycling fish good choice

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

9. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

i remember buyin my 1st batch and adding them in2 my tank makes u feel good!!!!! well done keep it up!

C W :D

10. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats!
    So, have you started thinking about your 2nd tank yet, or are you going to start planning it after stocking your 1st?? ;D ;D ;D Mooahahahaha!! The MTS virus has landed, but will it take hold?? ;D ;D ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice