YAY!!!! New 55 gallon tank!!!!!!!!

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey everyone Im so excited!!!!! A woman I work with called me today and said she was selling her 55 gallon tank and since she knew I was interested I was the first one she called!!! I got to her house and the tank is like BRAND NEW and she sold me the whole set up for 20 bucks!!!! I am now running the cycle and put in some extra media I had in my 20 gallon to help speed things up a bit. Atlas is a little upset I took a cave and a couple of plants but in the end when the cycle is done he will have a beautiful new home. I stopped at the LFS to pick up some more gravel since I certainly didnt have enough for a 55 and checked out some fish. I found a giant skunk cory and a giant emerald cory that I think Im interested in. I think Atlas will be Ok with them this time around because there is more room and will be more hiding places. Oh and of course the snail hes with now. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I would love another BRP but Atlas fights with his own reflection much less another FISH like him. :;b

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If that includes a stand, I'm so jealous I'm shaking my fist at the screen right now.

Shoot, if that's just a tank I'm still shaking my fist. What all did it include so I can see if I need to use both fists.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
She didnt have a stand which was fine cause I have an old entertainment stand im using as a stand, but she included the filter and heater with the tank, so all I needed was the bio bag filters, more gravel, and ill need to go buy some more decor for it but other than that im all set. Once the cycle is done im trying to decide what else I will put in besides Atlas my BRP and the snail he resides with.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL pure luck............Her husband used to keep bluegills in it, now that they are all gone she said they werent gonna go buy fish to fill it up with and she knew I could put it to good use. Now to find a friend for Atlas, wondering if a Blue Ram would get along with him and him with it..........

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BRP is a parrot correct? then he will most definately get too big and aggressive for a ram.

Sammyboi1993

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Depends On the fish I Think.
Iv got a BRP and a pair of German Blue rams and they get on fine, but it depends how agressive your BRP is and weather they like sharing their space.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom