Yard moss for fiddler crabs?

Citrus Maple

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a 25 gallon tank with 2 fiddler crabs and 2 mudskippers. I have heard that red clawed crabs like Moss to eat. I have moss in my back yard could I experiment and put the moss in the tank for my fiddler crabs? I tried asking a similar question before but did not get a clear response.

Thanks!

bogmummy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
maybe cut the top of the moss off instead of uprooting it and getting dirt in your aquarium. Also, do you use pesticides in your yard? I wouldn't recommend it if there was a chance they could be exposed to pesticides, they are inverts after all.

OP
Citrus Maple

Citrus Maple

Reaction score
No my yard is mostly weeds at this point (LOL) . Thanks for replying! I know I also Have different colored moss. Does the color matter?

bogmummy said:
maybe cut the top of the moss off instead of uprooting it and getting dirt in your aquarium. Also, do you use pesticides in your yard? I wouldn't recommend it if there was a chance they could be exposed to pesticides, they are inverts after all.

bogmummy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Citrus Maple said:
No my yard is mostly weeds at this point (LOL) . Thanks for replying! I know I also Have different colored moss. Does the color matter?
There are hundreds of species of moss, varying in color and shape, and I assume flavor. For the best scientific results, I'd say get a wide variety and see what he likes.

OP
Citrus Maple

Citrus Maple

Reaction score
bogmummy said:
There are hundreds of species of moss, varying in color and shape, and I assume flavor. For the best scientific results, I'd say get a wide variety and see what he likes.
Gotcha! Thank you!

wishuponafish

Reaction score
If you want some green in their diet, I bet they would love algae wafers too.

New Threads