• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 38

BigManAquatics

Yeah, i have a couple of them.

Justwanttoknow

image.jpg
Yeah, i have a couple of them.
$30 was alot but man I hated the setup I had previously with a extension cord and powerstrip I will probably put my old one in the kitchen after cleaning it.

ForBettaorForWorse

Power strips are the best thing ever invented:) We have a lot of them, mostly from Ikea, and they always seem to get gobbled up when new ones come in...

Justwanttoknow

Power strips are the best thing ever invented:) We have a lot of them, mostly from Ikea, and they always seem to get gobbled up when new ones come in...
I upgraded from plastic to metal after reading what happens when u put too many volts on a plastic one lol
I upgraded from plastic to metal after reading what happens when u put too many volts on a plastic one lol
They just melt

KrissyBunnie

They just melt

Is it possible that a general electric automatic timer, just the standard dial one, could melt? Mine does feel a little bit warm and that is a concern of mine.

Lily1

I usually buy them from Walmart or Lowes. Closer to me than TS.
A real necessity what with all my tanks.

Justwanttoknow

Is it possible that a general electric automatic timer, just the standard dial one, could melt? Mine does feel a little bit warm and that is a concern of mine.
I wasn’t trying to make anyone paranoid, I dont have any experience with timers, because Im mostly home all the time but I’ve heard one like that suggested to use vs a more expensive one before.

jtjgg

if there's too large of a power draw, all that electricity flowing through will heat up the wires inside and could melt the plastic coating and cause a fire. that's why most new homes have gfci plugs that trip if too much power is drawn from that outlet.

i like my Rosewill powerstrip/surge protector that has individual on off switches for each of the outlets.

i'm using an old timer (15yrs old) on my light.

really good info here

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
newbietetra
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
TWiG87