Yahoooo!!! I successfully treated a dying Guppy for the first time

1. laracroft007 Initiate Member

Hi All,

I wanted to share my happiness with all the like members. Although it is very small achievement but being a newbie in fish keeping its a mile stone for me

Let me explain the scenario

I started my fully planted livebarrers tank in May 2014 (Pic in July contest) which was cycled from March with Plants. It was fully cycled. I had 5 female and 1 male guppies and of course many fry hiding in the dense plants. Then one day i added 1 more Male guppy, mollies and platies to the tank. The mistake i did is that i added huge number at same time 7 fishes

my new male pink guppy was ill after 2 days ... then it started hiding and after a day it avoided food and then was bottom of the tank not moving at all

The Cure

I took an 25 litres or 6 gallon bucket as i dont have cycled hospital tank, below are the things i added to the bucket

UV/RO water
    Aquarium salt as required
    Fish General cure medicine as required (Blue Colour)
    Added a heater 26 temp
    airpump with air stone

i took fish slowly accumulated it in to the bucket, i didn't feed for 2 days then gave a boiled peas to it
    after a day i have given live blood worm

thats it from yesterday my pink guppy is rocking .... it started coming to the top roaming around and enjoying .... waited till today and moved it back to the actual tank, i can see it happy enjoying

I love this and i am really happy for pink guppy, that my daughters favourite guppy

Please do comment. Thanks to forum for all the inputs

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Congratulations, always nice to hear of a happy ending, hope he makes lots of lovely babies for you :)

3. laracroft007 Initiate Member

touchwood ... My daughter was very happy .... Pink is girls fav, wish to see its babies in near future

and thanks for ur comment

4. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

That's lovely news :) Congrats!x