Yahoo Answers

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Does anybody visit Yahoo Answers? I went to look at the pet section under fish and the questions are awful. One said "My pleco is dying what can I do?" I read it and that person had it in a 2 gallon tank that he cleaned every month.

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, I don't do that. It's too depressing. I similarly avoid reading the comment sections on sites because I tend to just get enraged by people's willful ignorance.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
it's funny cause the "best answer" on those sites is usually chosen by the peson asking the question. I don't think the person with the question is in a position to judge which is the best answer....

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jaysee said:
it's funny cause the "best answer" on those sites is usually chosen by the peson asking the question. I don't think the person with the question is in a position to judge which is the best answer....
Often, they'll choose the answer that they want to hear. "Will my goldfish do okay in a 1 gallon bowl?" The questioner will choose the one answer that says "yes" out of the dozen that say "no."

There's also the issue that many people will vote down answers so that theirs is more likely to "win". There's at least one "power user" (or whatever they're called) in the aquarium section that does this on a regular basis.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sirdarksol said:
There's at least one "power user" (or whatever they're called) in the aquarium section that does this on a regular basis.
I bet they sleep well at night

Rasbo_otto

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jaysee said:
I bet they sleep well at night
Power-geeks dont sleep. They just have Mountain Dew running through thier bloodstreams.

I went on something similiar to Yahoo answers, and a guy asked a legitmate question in a reply, and there was no way for me to reply to his question because of the layout of the site. It didn't make any sense.

<3 Fishlore!

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't know, time to time, I run around Y! Answers answering fish questions (and netting quite a few "Best Answers" while I'm at it).

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Borisbbadd said:
What's the deal with power users ?
I can't remember exactly what they're called, but they're people who have a large number of points and a high percentage of answers that have been chosen as "correct."

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom