ya i finally got fry

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

fryfry
    i reallly got guppy fry a few days ago but i have been so busy with school i havent had time to post this but i came home from church and one guppy was really skinny and i looked around and found 4 babies then i saw my bigges angel stuck in a cave on my wall so i got the 4 babies and stuck them in a breeding box then took me a half hour to get my angel out of the caveĀ  i think he was going after one of the babies and got stuck and had to flip him and the cave upside down and push on him real hard to get out now he is missing about and inch of scales on his top he seems to be doing ok though but i learned my lesson dont have things that fish can get stuck on when you have guppy fry and of course i have taken all the caves out

2. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol well if u put male and female guppies togethor its gonna happen gj have fun with ure fry... dont let em get eaten

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

and a FYI--females can get pregnant 4 times from one mating! :eek:

4. Jon Well Known Member Member

how does that work? do they give birth at 4 diff times from 1 mating? or is it just like a super birth

5. Marc Well Known Member Member

Gonna take a wild guess and say they have 4 eggs at one time..? ???

6. Jon Well Known Member Member

they can have up to 60 at once though... ive even heard 200

7. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

youed think that the y would be dirt cheap b/c the y bread so easly but its not like that by dirt cheap i mean like 0.25

8. Jon Well Known Member Member

yeah lol just dont buy many and breed your own

9. betta waita Initiate Member

gratz! :D

10. betta waita Initiate Member

how much do angels cost?

11. Marc Well Known Member Member

Depends on the store, often $4 or so.

12. betta waita Initiate Member

thats it?!?! for such a beutiful animal?ok im off to the store

13. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

well they need at least a 20 gallon for a pair...

14. Jon Well Known Member Member

silvers are 2.99 at my lfs and black ones are 3.99

15. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

and u live were :eek:

16. Jon Well Known Member Member

evergreen... this is 25 mins from my house.. FishDen at 44th and Sheridan

17. Kidsmollies Initiate Member

From what I have read, the female has a batch of fry, and after that fry has been given birth too, the NEXT batch are gestating and 4 weeks later a whole new batch is birthed. THEN it repeats itself up to 4 times from one breeding! Amazing! That's why after your fish gives birth to a batch of up to 60 fry at once (so I've read), they are still looking pregnant, it's because of all of the different stages of fertilized eggs that are still gestating! ALL FROM ONE MATING! LOL!

18. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yup exactly ;)

19. Jon Well Known Member Member

lol male live bearers are such studs ^,^

20. vin Well Known Member Member

My female sword has been giving birth for over a week now....3 so far....The last time the other gave birth over a period of 4 weeks......