Ya gona get a betta

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I'm gona get a betta for my 2.5 gallon amusement park tank though if I get my way it will be 5.5 gallons. Not sure if I want male or female yet and what color. Hmmmmm choices, this time I'll ask questions about them so maybe they won't die on me.

lol haven't posted here for awhile let alone visited this board for awhile, it'l give me a good excuse to come here more often.

Austin

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just be sure you cycle the tank first and have it heated, but you know all that.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
have fun with your new fishy

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes I think the tank is cycled though I might be selling my 2.5 gallon and then buying a 5.5 for more space, though since it's technically my sisters tank it'l have to be ok with her but I'm almost positive it will. Know of any good fully submergible cheapers that are cheap because I would like to get one instead of my HOB. Think i could use that even though it's for the biorb?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know that $16.99 may not seem like a small amount to you but when you realize that this heater is warrantied for a lifetime and you will never have to pay for another one, it is really worth it. Just keep the receipt and the box and if you need to ever have another Marineland will replace it. It also means that they make it VERY WELL because they do not want to have to replace it.

There are also Visi-therm Deluxe heaters with the same warranty but I haven't found any in the 25 watt size that you will need.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
May I ask what company makes it because I'm trying to find it on bigals.com since I might just buy it when I buy my upgraded lighting since I don't think they sell them by me or if they do for outrageous prices.

Thanks

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here they are on BigAl's online store.

You will only need the smaller one probably whether you use the 2.5 or 5.5 tank.  I only use 25 watts in my 5 gallon tanks and they do a good job.

Another plus is they are easy to hide behind a plant or at the back of the tank and do not make your tank look clunky.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well depending on how much everything costs for my 5.5 aquascaping I may or not buy that, but until then i'm going to keep using my HOB though I'l buy that one if i have the money when I buy upgraded lighting, thanks. This betta will have one sweet looking tank when I'm done and I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 5.5 since the buyer of my 2.5 has yet to agree on shipping and price and were good to go.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So far so good, just figuring out payment now with buyer, might get the 5.5 tomorrow, maybe betta next week if tank doesn't mini cycleand given my little sister wants it.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ahh it shall be awhile since I think I'm going to wait till the plants are established and I'm fairly pleased with the aquascape before I put a betta in it so he/she doesn't always have my hand in there rearanging stuff

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds good but be sure about the cycle if you can because they do not cycle tanks very easily. They have already been through a lot in the uncycled cups usually and are weakened if they have been there long. I think that you will love having a betta though.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O by that the time the tanks setup the cycle will easily be finished. It's probably down now but I'm not worrying about my water stats too much, just what I need to for my tank, I think I'll test them this weekend but I seem to have a nack for keeping fish alive, I don't know why but the fish didn't die on me when I got them from my grandpa and I did stuff wrong, i don't know, it's weird. Yup the betta shall be happy, might try to get some smaller cories too for the tank though it's gota be cycled and matured for them

Austin

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom