xmass moss

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

anybody know the scientific name of christmass moss b/c i need it to order some

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Christmas moss to my knowledge has not been scientifiaclly indexed yet. (that means it doesn't have a scientific name yet). Put christmas Moss into your search bar and see what you can find, I did a few but don't know how reliable they are so won't post them for you.
    Carol

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ya i already did that i cnat find it and the petstores by me arent very cooperative in odering plants so i cant find any plants suited for my tank so i hav to use fake :'( i only hav one live one thnks anyways do u know of any plants that r commonly sold in petstres that require low light and iv heard that u can take potted plants out of the pot but is that true

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Java Ferns are one of my favorite low light plants as well as Java Moss. The only difference I see in Java moss and Christmas Moss is that Christms Moss is a little smaller branched. Anubias is another favorite low light plant, some Cryptocornes(crypts) are low light. So you really have a lot of low light plants to choose from, and I have seen all those at Petsmart and Petco.
    Carol

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Go to www.aquabid.com and search in the plants. I've seen quite a few auctions selling Christmas moss lately. ;)