So for a really long time, I've had a problem of hair algae growing in my Christmas moss. It got so bad that I just decided to pull as much of it out as I could. I tried not to take the moss out with it, but it's so entangled that I had a little trouble. Now I've taken out the majority of it so I could see the moss, but I don't know if the moss has had any negative impact on the moss. It's looking kind of yellow and not as much of a green. I think the yellow parts, which are still prominent at the top, are part of the hair algae. As you can see, the hair algae really got entangled with the moss, and now it looks worse. I'm considering letting the hair algae grow again because at least it looked better and had more volume. I originally wanted the Christmas moss to grow in without the algae, but I don't know if that's going to happen at this point.