xbox 360 or wii

XBox 360 or Wii

• Total voters
Callum The Cat
i've been wanting to upgrade my ps2 for a while and I was watching a computer game show so it made me wanna upgrade even more

anyways I don't which one to get what do u guys think

Peace Out Callum!

sirdarksol
WiI rocks. Microsoft is the tool of the devil.
I want a PS3, too, mostly for a new game called something like "Heavenly Blades", I think. It looks a lot like God of War.

If you're into the Resident Evil series, there's nothing like shooting zombies with the Wii-mote.

COBettaCouple
wii, wii, wii

i'll get a ps3 when FFXIII or KH3 comes out probably, but if I were going to get one of those 2 systems it would be the wiI over the nearly gameless overheating microsoft boxes.

Callum The Cat
hmm I think I agreeI had a discussion with my mum and she thinks that the moveing around is much better as do I but some of the new XBox 360 games are awesome

I want a PS3 aswell but there just to expensive

I saw a reveiw on heavenly blades it looks awesome

Peace Out Callum!

Tom
I would get a PS3 or a WiI because Xbox is only good for Halo(IMO).
Tom

Callum The Cat
it looks like WiI uis out in the lead I can't afford as PS3 at the moent so its more out of those 2

Peace Out Callum!

Tom
it looks like WiI uis out in the lead I can't afford as PS3 at the moent so its more out of those 2

Peace Out Callum!

So save up your money and buy one, or ask your parents for a loan and you can pay it off via, paying them back over time and/or doing a lot more chores.
Tom

Callum The Cat
hmm I don't no i'm short a lot of money I only have $135 but I do have about 35 ps2 games that I could trade in I don't my parents probably wouldn't let me but u never know

Peace Out Callum!

Tom
hmm I don't no i'm short a lot of money I only have $135 but I do have about 35 ps2 games that I could trade in I don't my parents probably wouldn't let me but u never know

Peace Out Callum!

There's no harm in trying. Some PS2 games can also work on a PS3.
Tom

Callum The Cat
true that's what I was thinking

if I sell my games even more money and closer to my goal lol

Peace Out Callum!

bhcaaron
Ummm... I know nothing! I just cliked on that one cuz its seemed like it was the one you were gunna get anyway!

Callum The Cat
I dunno I was leaning toward xbobx360 in the beginning I thing that halo 3 is really an awesome game for xbox 360 but there's more than one game in the world

Peace Out Callum!

sirdarksol
I went the "Get a WiI first, then eventually get a PS3" route. The price difference was just too big to ignore.

Callum The Cat
yer I agree

Peace Out Callum!

lilsoccakid
ive had a wiI since november and I love it

atmmachine816
unless they are recent ps2 good luck getting much for them, resell value is horrible.

If you are really into halo, or other shooting games such as the recent bioshock and gears of war get 360

If you don't care too much about them then get wii. IMO wiI has overall better games and is a lot more fun to play. It has good games when you don't want just shoot'em up games and is getting better shoot'em up games.

I would get a wii, then maybe 360 or ps3

Stradius011
I don't know. I didn't play games that much before except like online and there was one time I played Halo of X-box at my friend's house. I didn't like it too much because I died like 28 times before I got my friend.

Wolfgang8810
xbox 360 man halo 3 is out and its wicked awesome plus you don't have to look like an idiot flailing around infront of your tv

bhcaaron
xbox 360 man halo 3 is out and its wicked awesome plus you don't have to look like an idiot flailing around infront of your tv

badger
Ok heres my two cents worth.

360 has had some technical problems no doubt however those have greatly improved recently, and with the new falcon chipsets things are supposed to get much better. Maybe too little too late for the guys whove had it for 2 yrs but good for you. Those chipsets are actually coming out now so just make sure you get a really new one. Despite what everyone else is saying on here I much prefer the games for 360 to that of Nintendo. Great Shooters (not my cup of tea, but fun), sports is better then on wiI (important for me, love sports) a few really good rpgs, and lots of solid action games. And then there's Live. It pretty much rocks. Alot. Of course you have to pay for it which blows, but its not real expensive.

Now the Wii, more casual oriented, which is cool, cuz its fun and doesn't require you to sit and play for hours straight. Its more group oriented. The games are great at parties and with lots of friends, however if your playing alone they lose something. Ive never played online, Ive heard its blah, but I don't really know. Its free. My biggest qualm is the type of games for the wii. They are too young (not all of them of course, but its aimed at a younger demographic, like kid to pre teen, maybe teen.) I don't worry too much about the having to exercise while playing, not all games are like that. Even wiI sports you can play sitting down and relaxed (altho you're shoulder still hurts the next day).

So it comes down to serious-hardcore vs casual, alone-online vs party at your house, microsoft vs nintendo (maybe that shouldnt matter, but hey names do count. always prefered nintendo despite owning only a 360); the 360 vs the Wii.

badger
Oh Ill also go ahead and throw out there that the graphics are generally better on the 360 and more realistic(altho that's just design). But that shouldnt be that big a deal if its fun then who cares if ones a tiny bit crisper right?

Callum The Cat
ohh yer I should of meantioned before I love action games like halo and stuff

Peace Out Callum!

MrWaxhead
I personally went with the 360 with a HD drive, for me the main reason was I had built my self a 120" 8 foot x 6 foot 4:3 or 110" 8 foot x 4.5 foot projection tv, and when I built it my panel only had a vga connection, so for HD movies I would not have hdmI or be able to pass HDCP, but being that VGA is analogue, it does not have to pass HDCP and can still display HD without passing HDCP.

All three are great systems though, but for me that was the clincher. I am soon going to be building a new TV with a better controller board, and 1080p rez and HDMI connections with HDCP. Mine currently only does 720p but still looks amazing, gears of war at 120 inches is a blast hehe. I still like to run the old games though too, I have a n64 emulator on my pc and me and my buds like to kick back and play 4 player mariokart and each have 60" inch screens hehe.

Once I build my new one I will get a PS3 (mainly for bluray) and WiI for pure simple fun with friends.

Stradius011
Why is that?

Callum The Cat
well with wiI u move around sort of like ey toy but 100000's of times better and halo 3 is no doubt one the greatest action games there is

Peace Out Callum!

Howeyg
now I have both these consoles and I voted wii, I generally think that the wiI is so much better, the xbox 360 is great for games like halo 3, saints row and personally I love viva pinata even those its a kids game.in my opinion both consoles focus on a different thing wiI focuses on fun and interactivity, I don't think all the games have to be played with other people, take zelda twilight princess or sonic and the magic rings these are great one player games with length and great gameplay. one of the best games on the wiI I think is red steel because it has a great single player mode and the multiplayer is just as fun. this brings me to my next point that on the wiI if you have it online not only are the games made twice as good but you cann also check the weather in your area, go on the internet (and go on fishlore which is what I do), you can also buy old games from the snes, nintendo 64 etc.

The xbox however has some really great games but they are not as interactive as the wiI and you don't feel as much "in the game" xbox is more of a hardcore gaming console were as the wiI is a less serious approach to gaming and is a lot of fun to play.

Callum The Cat
hmm ok u no whhat ur talking about what's better for action games in ur opion

Peace Out Callum!

Howeyg
you mean like first person shooters , or strategy

Callum The Cat
first person shooter

Peace Out Callum!

Howeyg
well halo 3, gears of war, bioshock, quake and all the call of dutys id go with xbox360

on the wiI there is only red steel, metroid prime and call of duty metroid prime isn't out yet but that will be a great game and as you've read I already rate red steel

Callum The Cat
hmm I though on that not I'll chceck out the shop and see there action shiooter games but i'm leaningn towards xbox360

Peace Out Callum!

atmmachine816
360 for sure if you want shooters, They do have red steel, they have a new one coming out forget the name, call of duty, and resident evil but shooters are better and there are more on xbox, I mean you can't compete well with halo. Though like everybody said wiI is good for groups, just pure fun really, hardcore 360

Gozer_1
WiI all the way. The XBox 360 has had a year head start so naturally they have more games, but if you have played a descent shooter on WiI then you know how awesome the wiimote is for them. Metroid Prime 3 plays so much better with the point and shoot controls. I will admit WiI is kinda low on games right now, but as I said XBox had a year head start. One reason the games haven't been piling up for WiI is that the industry was VERY skeptical of the WiI so they didn't rush out to make great games for it. Unfortunatley for them the WiI is the fastest selling game console in history. (It really is) Market penetration of the WiI will demand more top notch games from game developers. After almost one year of WiI and 2 years of XBox 360 they have nearly the same market penetration. (10 million units). So what will the WiI have at it's 2 year mark. If developers want to make money they have to sell to the biggest crowd. WiI is shaping up to be the biggest crowd. The WiI is cheaper but the games are too. You should take that into account also.

Sorry to rant I'm just a rabid WiI fan with a savings account for a PS3.

COBettaCouple
we may end up getting a wiI before a ps3, but i'm still waiting to see if they have more games that i'd want besides Zelda. Square-Enix is supposed to be developing for the wii, so I look forward to what they come out with.

atmmachine816
wii's getting more and more games, it will just take a little time. Cool thing is that you can buy games online with the wiI from all the previous nitendo games and play them on the wii.

Kevin
360 all the way, the graphics are amazing, the sound is amazing, and there are so many games ranging from sports to shooters to driving/racing games
I have one and its so much better than the wii...i've never had a single problem with it

jack11
Although I voted for 360 I think you are best of waiting for a few months and getting a ps3, I am in dubaI at the moment and up here ps3 is only $100 aussie more than 360 (its been out up here for about 7 months).

Jack.

atmmachine816
I think the 360 might be worth it just for halo 3. I just had a bunch of friends came over and we played 4v4 on halo 3 and it's a lot of fun. Even live is fun. The HD for halo 3 is pretty nice too.

Howeyg
well I agree with gozer a point I missed is that nintendo are releasing a gun remote holder thingy, you slot your normal controler into it and it becomes a gun you can use in games like red steel, looks to be a cool gadget oh and square enix have a lot of games on the ds if you want to see interesting games from them I have final fantasy 3 which is great

COBettaCouple
yea, i'd love to get a nintendo DS.. more than a wii. lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SammyJ
Replies
Views
luckdown
Replies
Views
StarGirl