xbox 360 - anyone have one?

FL CommunityFans
So I cheated and used a little extra fromt he tax return and got an xbox 360 with all my other stuff! ANyhow, my question is for those who do have the xbox 360, did you get the kung fu panda packaged one? I was playing this game with my daughter the other night and it went in to the story mode. My kid -loves- Kung fu Panda.. and honestly I do too. Best animated movie I've watched in a -long- time. Anyhow, it goes in to the story mode which has a bunch of little bits that are like movie scenes and she starts going nuts thinking she's playing a movie game like she can really control the outcome of the movie.

Jack Black is flipping hilarious imo, and his part in this movie was awesomenesss and his voice overs in this game are just as good. Every time he says 'pure awesomness' she and I have a fit laughing.

I've spent most my time on it playing Need for speed: undercover however ;p Still trying to find a racing game that's close to Gran Turismo (didn't want the ps3)

bettafish2816
lol, yeah I got the kung fu panda packaged one for myself for christmas haven't played it though, I was too busy beating assassins creed!

atmmachine816
I have wii, though I like ps3 the best, best value. Have you played burnout?

lew2000
I ended up with the XBOX 360 and the PS3. The xbox has a better on-line community according to my son for games. I had to buy a new xbox (elite) because I finally got the 3RROD on my original 360. Sony still hasn't got the develpers on board like MS and Wii. WiI looks a lot of fun - been considering one of these as well. Fish, cameras and video games = no money.

Butters
I have a Xbox 360 too. I got mine for Christmas in, 2007 I think. It came with a marvel game and some racing game that I never play. I agree though that kung-fu panda is one of the best disney movies to come out in a while, and it's on the list of my favorite movies, and I'm 17!

atmmachine816
WiI honestly sucks, they haven't developed any new games really that are any good, all they have had are re-makes which in themselves are not bad, I thouroughly enjoy playing super smash and mario kart, but besides for the mario games they really don't have many good games, I haven't bought a game since mario kart last april for the wii. They have more games then 360 or ps3 but they are all little kid games or dumb games that some developer is trying to make a quick dollar. I would have to say ps3 is quickly catching up to the 360 though in the games and online realm, though value and graphics ps3 is better. ps3 has resistance (awesome game, I like it better than gears, sweet online play too), god of war, killzone among others to compete with 360s shooters. I'm just a fan of ps3, better value, better graphics, better games, almost just as good online play now all in my opinion and much better reliability, that's a fact though. 360 is still fun though, I like halo that was a good exclusive, haven't played kung fu panda, could see it being a fun game though

lew2000
better than Gears - are you sure you are not a Locust in disguise????

Advertisement
FL CommunityFans
WiI have a wiI also.. my daughter got that for Christmas this past year. We all play it together pretty actively though. Picked up a wiI fit for my wife last week when I picked up the 360 and got the fitness coach game as well, so she has 2 work out regiments now. I tell you what, that WiI Fitness Coach is NO JOKE! It will tear you down and keep you there. I was dead by the end of the warm ups.. and I'm not exactly out of shape, lol.

lew2000
that is without a doubt the worst pun I have heard in sometime - good one.

FL CommunityFans
that is without a doubt the worst pun I have heard in sometime - good one.

haha

catfishlover123
So I cheated and used a little extra fromt he tax return and got an xbox 360 with all my other stuff! ANyhow, my question is for those who do have the xbox 360, did you get the kung fu panda packaged one? I was playing this game with my daughter the other night and it went in to the story mode. My kid -loves- Kung fu Panda.. and honestly I do too. Best animated movie I've watched in a -long- time. Anyhow, it goes in to the story mode which has a bunch of little bits that are like movie scenes and she starts going nuts thinking she's playing a movie game like she can really control the outcome of the movie.

Jack Black is flipping hilarious imo, and his part in this movie was awesomenesss and his voice overs in this game are just as good. Every time he says 'pure awesomness' she and I have a fit laughing.

I've spent most my time on it playing Need for speed: undercover however ;p Still trying to find a racing game that's close to Gran Turismo (didn't want the ps3)

I love Kung Fu Panda! Probably if I get a panda cory I might name it Po!!

atmmachine816
better than Gears - are you sure you are not a Locust in disguise????

yes yes, quite sure, third person shooters aren't my favorites and I'm not a big fan of gore, being able to cut somebody up with a chain saw bayonet is my idea of fun. I love the online of resistance 2, 8player co-op is fun and 64player online matches are crazy.

O wiI fit is quite a workout, I like the skI jumping the best

Butters
WiI is a family oriented console, not for the hardcorce gamers. I'm sick of gamers bashing WiI for having a bad game selection... it's for kids to have with who don't care about graphics and gameplay... If they like what they see they are going to play it.

Now, about the 360... I like mine very much, and I have never ever been a sony fan, so I've never owned a play station. But from what I've seen they only have a few choice games as where the Xbox360 has a broad range of games with good, solid titles in each. That's what I like about it, I care about gameplay over graphics, online play, or value.

bettafish2816
I was going back and forth between the 360 and the PS3 and decided on the 360 for a couple of reasons. first because a lot of games i'd want for the PS3 they make for the xbox anyways, second because I think the graphics are better and faster, third because i'd really only get the PS3 if I wanted to play blueray discs, which I dont, and fourth because the 360 was about $100 cheaper (more money for my fish! )

CoryMac
I do, I got the arcade package,I don't play it to much, always busy, or on here.mortal combat vs dc comics is a fun game..

kittenface14
I have an xbox 360, I love my xbox!! Right now my top two games are Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War...I have Kung Fu Panda, I have never played it but the kids love it!

gamertag is kittenface14

Tavel
WiI honestly sucks, they haven't developed any new games really that are any good, all they have had are re-makes which in themselves are not bad, I thouroughly enjoy playing super smash and mario kart, but besides for the mario games they really don't have many good games, I haven't bought a game since mario kart last april for the wii. They have more games then 360 or ps3 but they are all little kid games or dumb games that some developer is trying to make a quick dollar. I would have to say ps3 is quickly catching up to the 360 though in the games and online realm, though value and graphics ps3 is better. ps3 has resistance (awesome game, I like it better than gears, sweet online play too), god of war, killzone among others to compete with 360s shooters. I'm just a fan of ps3, better value, better graphics, better games, almost just as good online play now all in my opinion and much better reliability, that's a fact though. 360 is still fun though, I like halo that was a good exclusive, haven't played kung fu panda, could see it being a fun game though

that really depends on what you're looking for.

If you like getting yelled at by racist 12 year olds then get a 360 or ps3.

If you like having a good time with your friends, then get a Wii. If you like girls, get a Wii. If you like sweet retro titles, get a Wii. People can have a lot of fun with little practice...unlike the brutal learning curve of Halo 3 or something.

I'll agree that there haven't really been any good single player releases recently. No More Heroes was a good looking title, and The Conduit is coming out soon. That title looks pretty awesome and uses the same control scheme as Metroid Prime: Corruption...which was awesome.

I don't care about graphics, years of PC gaming have given me my fill of eye candy. I've been gaming in HD since 1998, take that next gen consoles!

High-end graphics is just an infatuation that wears off after 15 minutes of game play. It's the same thing with HDTV and blu-ray movies.

I've never heard anyone say "The Godfather was a great movie, but it could have been significantly improved if only the resolution wear slightly higher"

Advertisement
aquatic mouse
I love games. I even work at a video game store. I've had my WiI for over 2 years. It's a great party system. If you have people over a lot, or want a system to play as a family, or have young kids, the WiI is perfect. Playing the system by myself or with my husband got old.

I purchased my Xbox 360 this past October. I LOVE IT! I enjoy Devil May Cry 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Mass Effect all the Burnout games, and Viva Pinata. But my favorite by far is Fable 2. This might be my favorite game of all time. I really liked Resident Evil 4 for the Game Cube, so I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360.

Wyoming_Bound
I Play xbox 360. My top games Gta 4, saints row 2, Ncaa football 09, far cry 2. I'm wait for the new gta 4 the lost and blank ( don't if I can post last word) but somes out the 17th. I got snoic tennis and gitar hero areo smith with mine.

atmmachine816
that really depends on what you're looking for.

If you like getting yelled at by racist 12 year olds then get a 360 or ps3.

If you like having a good time with your friends, then get a Wii. If you like girls, get a Wii. If you like sweet retro titles, get a Wii. People can have a lot of fun with little practice...unlike the brutal learning curve of Halo 3 or something.

I'll agree that there haven't really been any good single player releases recently. No More Heroes was a good looking title, and The Conduit is coming out soon. That title looks pretty awesome and uses the same control scheme as Metroid Prime: Corruption...which was awesome.

I don't care about graphics, years of PC gaming have given me my fill of eye candy. I've been gaming in HD since 1998, take that next gen consoles!

High-end graphics is just an infatuation that wears off after 15 minutes of game play. It's the same thing with HDTV and blu-ray movies.

I've never heard anyone say "The Godfather was a great movie, but it could have been significantly improved if only the resolution wear slightly higher"

hehe guess I should say the games for the wiI have sucked lately if your not a kid. I love my wiI because it's great fun to play with friends but I've been dying to have a game lately that I can play by myself, I'll have to look into the conduit, havnen't heard of it. I can't wait for the mario and sonic at the winter games, that should be fun, the new spin on mario tennis might be good too. I honestly think the new wiI game Madworld is a bad game, it looks so brutal and pointless killing.

sirdarksol
I have a PS3 for the majority of my games. I have a WiI for the party titles (and for Resident Evil 4 and Red Steel). I don't have an X-Box mostly for quality issues. They have some great titles, but the first X-Box had so many problems, and people are still getting the red ring of death on the 360, so I just don't feel it's wise to plunk my money down on it. I'll probably get one eventually, but that day's a way off.

FL CommunityFans
I have a PS3 for the majority of my games. I have a WiI for the party titles (and for Resident Evil 4 and Red Steel). I don't have an X-Box mostly for quality issues. They have some great titles, but the first X-Box had so many problems, and people are still getting the red ring of death on the 360, so I just don't feel it's wise to plunk my money down on it. I'll probably get one eventually, but that day's a way off.

the first xbox had issues? really? I remember when I had one it ran like a champ.

sirdarksol
I knew four people with the first X-Box.
#1, if you shut the X-Box off with a disc in the tray, the tray would lock shut and would have to be jimmied open.
#2, the X-Box wouldn't start scanning a disc without taking a solid thumping first.
#3, the first X-Box wouldn't play several titles, so he had to take it back and get another.
#4, I don't think he ever had any problems.

I do know that this is a pretty extreme cross section. Most of the problems I heard of were more along the lines of a single game having issues with some versions of the XBox, unpleasant controller size (the first one was huge). However, when you know that many people who had problems, it kind of colors your opinion.

Gamer
I have one. My gamertag is Fin Nipper. I been ignoring the 360 lately and instead have been playing a lot of WiI and DS games. Although I'd probably be up for some Call of Duty: World At War if anyone else has that.

SammyJ
All the systems have their merits. 360 rocks for online community, and fable 2 is a must have title that will keep one entertained for endless hours. PS3 is a great blueray player, and it has Little Big Planet. The Wii, well mine collects dust on a shelf inside a box, but I had a good bit of fun with it with zelda, metroid, and WiI sports for a while.

All in all you made a good choice by going with the 360, though having all 3 systems does have its advantages .

Advertisement

Top Bottom