Wrinkles On Plant Leaves

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by MatthewM, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MatthewM

MatthewM Valued Member Member

A few weeks ago i stopped the use of my ferts as recommended by some users. So far, not much. My dying plants, have stopped dying, but nothing more. No growth. As for the plants that were really growing, they pretty much stopped growing too. And a new thing has occurred. Leaves sorta wrinkle on my good plants. The outside edges are all wavy. Is this normal for plants like amazon sword and Madagascar lace?

2. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

No it's not normal. I would start to dose again, just not as much as before. You were using Excel too weren't you?

Sent from my iPhone with my fingers.

3. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

I was indeed. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438869084.025254.jpg

4. BDpups

Wrinkles.

You can always use Excel. No need to stop that. And I would use the full dose for your tank. The others I would start to use again, but at a smaller dose.

The iron I would not use at all. Maybe the potassium... But for now I would just use the Flourish and see how that does.

Sent from my iPhone with my fingers.

5. NicoFord

NicoFord Valued Member Member

I use all of the same ferts in my tank as well but I dose regularly on a schedule. I also have a dirt substrate, I wonder why your having these issues...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Are you dosing the same amount every time, along with on the same days?
    My schedule looks like this,
    Excel 1 cap a day
    Flourish, 1 cap a week
    Iron, 1 cap every other day
    Potassium, 1.5 caps every 2 days.
    55 gallon tank
    Massive plant load.

What's your plant load and schedule?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

I use silica sand, and i have root tabs placed. To be honest im rather bad with doing it the same every time. Been busy lately. So consistency isn't really here. But i dont dose more than the bottle suggests. I try to do it as it states. As for plant load, i have the 55 option in a 75. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438890653.443623.jpg

7. NicoFord

Do you have pictures of the effected plants?

8. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

R
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438903632.425736.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438903663.274041.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438903698.146643.jpg

9. NicoFord

It looks like there not getting enough nutrients, all the plants you have are heavy root feeders, maybe doing dirt or florite would help

10. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

I would, but i dont have the money to invest in 100lbs of fluorite, and I'm not really one to mess with dirt aquariums..

11. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

What about adding some root tabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

12. BDpups

You don't need a plant substrate for any of those plants. Start dosing the Flourish at the recommended dose along with the Excel.

When did you put the root tabs in last?

13. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

I started dosing again this morning. As for root tabs, i placed them a month ago. I got a box of 40. Probably used 7-10.

14. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

Even with the dosing, my stuff is still growing wrinkled... ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439347414.480478.jpg

15. BDpups

It's only been a few days. Give them some time. And they don't look bad. At least your not growing algae, and the leaves look very green. No brown spots. That's good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice