Wrinkled plants??

1. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

Hey all! So when it comes to keeping my plants alive I'm pretty experienced. But when it comes to ferts and such I'm still learning a lot!

My issue is my plants' leaves are wrinkling and I'm not sure why. I'll attach photos. They're wavy and were not like this before.

Issue happening to:
    Mostly the amazon swords
    Java ferns
    Green crypts

Specs:
    29g high
    Finnex planted plus 24/7 on 24/7 mode
    Florish tabs for the swords
    Api leaf zone: full dose weekly half dose weekly (doing the half dose since my anubias started having little holes in a few leafs. Doubling the dose was suggested here).
    Api c02 booster: daily

Tank mates:
    3 platies
    2 black phantom tetras
    1 baby BN pleco

Other plants:
    Anubias
    Dwarf hairgrass

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amazon swords above

[​IMG]
    Java feens above

[​IMG]
    Green crypts above

2. rabbott Initiate Member

Have you taken any of them out of the water recently? I was rearranging my plants when I left a few out too long and they curled/wrinkled.

It could also be a calcium deficiency or missing macro/micro nutrients.

3. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Is it happening to all the plants or just one? There are some varieties (usually with "crispus" somewhere in the name) that are supposed to look like that.

4. aniroc Well Known Member Member

I had this problem awhile back and did some research. A reasonable explanation for curvy edges is that the leaf tissue between the veins is growing faster than the veins.
    It is probably an imbalance of nutrients.
    I would stop all the ferts for two weeks and see what happens.

5. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

I have not taken them out of the water.
    Its happening to my 2 large amazon swords, a couple java fern leaves and a couple green crypts.

The crypts are cryptocoryne wendtii "green"

I agree that it's most likely a nutrient imbalance. But I'm not skilled in this area. I'm worried to stop the ferts because of my swords and crypts. Also, i was previously told to double the dose of leaf zone since some of my anubias leaves had small holes appear.