Wriggley Update.

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning.

My boy Wriggley has built his first bubble nest! He was one busy little boy yesterday. (Wriggley is a juvenile, 4 months old, half moon male Betta, photos in my profile) Even though he may be a man now he'll always be my boy. :giggle: I've only had him for 1 week today. He's been enjoying cruising around his new home all week and getting familiar with his new surroundings. Loves his frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp. He's not crazy about pellets at all.

I was sitting in my chair watching him yesterday. The bubble nest is on the far end of the tank (away from my chair) and he would come over to visit me, almost like he was checking to see if I was watching him, then he'd dart over to his new nest. So I got out of my chair and sat in the floor so I could watch him more closely. He just seems so proud! I love him! lol
    More:camera: soon!

Happy Holidays!
    Ken:;ps

2. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Oh wow ken that is fantastic!!

It sounds like you 2 already have an amazing bond :;hug2 Maybe he is wishing you a merry christmas!

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Diggly! I told him Santa is coming! lol Now I have to go shopping. I hope to find some live plants today to go with the Marimo Balls that I have in his tank. I was going to hold off and remove my fake plants later but I might as well try it out now. Anubia's, Java Fern, I have Java Moss in my gold fish tank that I can divide and add to his tank too. He seems to like the Marimo Balls. They're so soft!
    Ken

4. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Aww he must be all excited about santa then! I told mine about santa and they seemed to enjoy the story. Its weird what fish do to us isnt it =).

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Aw, your little man is growing up. How sweet that he wanted to share that special moment with you:;hug2

6. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

When I told my fish about santa they just kept chasing each other and trying to eat each other...except for my female krib, she is in the Christmas spirit, she is all red for Christmas and in the mood to give me some Christmas babies