Wriggley is home! EDIT: Video

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning everyone. :;co

My boy Wriggley (my new male Betta) is home safe and sound.:clapping: He arrived yesterday around 3pm. MartinsMommy (MM) shipped him to me on Monday and was sent 2 day mail so he actually arrived 1 day early. It took 26 hours from the time he was mailed to reach my door! (living in the boonies of SC I was worried I wouldn't see him for days on end) I think that's just wonderful! The post office called me at 2:30 and said you have a package that arrived a day early and I could come and pick it up if I wanted. Obviously I wanted!:giggle:I had just checked the tracking information on Wriggley, which had been updated so I knew he was near. I was afraid he was going to have to sit in the PO over night needlessly then I got the call!

His shipping water was a nice warm toasty 80 degrees. My tank is also at 80 degrees! MM had placed a 72 hour hand warmer inside the shipping box so he wouldn't get cold. This is the first fish I have ever had shipped to me and it's been a wonderful experience. I can't thank MM enough for all that she's done for me and my new Wriggley. I had to laugh when I opened the box. He was wrapped, and wrapped some more in different types of paper inside a styrofoam container. On the outside MM had written in black marker "It's A Boy"! too cute. I opened his box in my bedroom with no lights on (only lights in other rooms were on so I could still see what I was doing) because I didn't want light to scare him. I acclimated him over 1 1/2 hours and when the acclimation was done he swam out of the bag and into the tank on his own. (Since I knew where the fish was coming from and him being the only tank inhabitant, I wasn't worried about adding the bag water as most of it was exchanged anyway before he swam free.) I added some Nova Aqua (for slime coat and stress reliever).

I seeded his tank/filter with well established filter media from my 265g tank. I've been prepared for this for a long time :) His little filter (Aqua Clear 20) is just stuffed full of good bacteria. (sponges and bio cubes)Too, I added a seeded sponge to the intake tube inside the tank. His filter is running on low flow as I didn't want the current to wear him out. He's so tiny! (not to mention adorable with blue eyes!) I'll check my water chemistry readings after he wakes up and has his breakfast :;snow I should have an instant cycle. I'll post my readings and photos/video later today. (I have shopping to do)!

He was very active when he swam from the bag and checked everything out. He's already making great eye contact and paying attention to me. He ate 3 thawed frozen blood worms I put into his tank via a plastic syringe. MM I gave him 2 pellets that you included in the bag and he spit them out. LOL My boy is a meat eater now!

If you folks want to send him birthday cards and well wishes, his first birthday party will be 08/26/10. :party0001:You may want to put that on your calendar! teehee:happy0034:

Thanks to everyone for your enabling,:whistling: kind words and a special thanks to MartinsMommy for a job well done! I'm impressed! To have a fish that one of our members bred and raised is such an added bonus!

Happy Holidays!
    Ken:;ps

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:party0011: Welcome Home Wriggley!
    How exciting! I'm so glad he arrived safely.

Looking forward to videos and pics on the little man!

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Lucy!:;hi2 He's going to be a video star I just know it!:camera:
    Ken

Edit: Wriggley just got up and he's doing very well. He was ready for breakfast and he chowed down on about 5 little blood worms. I always worry about a new fish making it through the first night. He did so with flying (mint green) colors!
    Ken

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I know what you mean about the first night. I'm glad he's doing well this morning!

5. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

THAT'S FABULOUS! Welcome to Fishlore, Wriggley!

Ken, we're so glad he made it to you safe and sound! He's one lucky little betta boy living with you:;hug2

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks BB! I've been trying to take some photos of him. He sure is fast to be so little! lol I'll post them later today.
    Ken

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome home wriggley!!!!!!!! so glad you made it safe n sound...whats chef making you for your home coming meal? ;D

8. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Maybe he's part convict:;laughing

9. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

:;hug2 Yippee!!!, Congrats on getting Wriggly there and safe!!!
    His brother is soo excited!!! and the other two guys welcome him to the east coast....they all grew up together in kindergarden!!!!

10. click Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the baby boy :) Can't wait to see the pics.

11. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Woooo-Hooooo!!!!!! Im glad he made it there all safe -n-sound!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Hats off to MM!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see pics in his new home!!!!!!

12. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I am overjoyed he is home safe and that he is winning you over with his big blue eyes ....It was such a pleasure doing business with you....The whole experience was a positive one....I knew he was going to a wonderful loving home.....I hope he gives you years of bubblenests and companionship....

Enjoy!

Karen

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

14. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

How precious! You can tell he's happy! Thanks for sharing the vid.

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

It's me!
    :whistling:

Attached Files:

16. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

hes a feisty one!!!!!!(arent all MM's babies ? LOL )
    he is adorable and i hope you have many years of happiness with him!

17. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great video!! I just love him. :)

18. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Well, of course it's you! He's in a wonderful home with two people who will love him very much and he knows you're going to spoil him rotten:;hug2

I want to reincarnated as one of your fish when I die;)

19. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Jeez he's a fiesty one!!

20. bubblefish Member Member

He's beautiful. Congratulations!