Wrestling Half Beak Livebearer Fry

Turbo2324
Hey so I have wrestling half beaks or the Lts called them golden halfbeaks I got 2 fry by accident in the bag when they scooped them up I’ve had them for about 3 maybe 4 months and they’re both still under 2cm all my guppy fry have grown up in that amount of time so I want to know if this is normal and if anybody else has any experience in breeding and looking after these types of fry, if so how long does it normally take for them to gro to a half decent size so I can put them with the adult halfbeak with out getting eaten

Sarah73
Hey so I have wrestling half beaks or the Lts called them golden halfbeaks I got 2 fry by accident in the bag when they scooped them up I’ve had them for about 3 maybe 4 months and they’re both still under 2cm all my guppy fry have grown up in that amount of time so I want to know if this is normal and if anybody else has any experience in breeding and looking after these types of fry, if so how long does it normally take for them to gro to a half decent size so I can put them with the adult halfbeak with out getting eaten
It could be some endlers. What do they look like? Photo?

emeraldking
Sarah73 could be right. And yes... some pictures would be great. And maybe a proper answer could be given to your question.

Turbo2324
Endlers?? They’re completely different fish to half beaks, if you’ve owned have beak fry before you would understand that they’re are literally just miniature versions of the adults I’ll show you

Image1532669443.438020.jpg
Image1532669463.989161.jpg

Me and my mate at the store are pretty sure the one I received actually gave birth to them in the bag as there were atleast 5-6 in the bag but only 3 made it home alive and I have 1 away

chromedome52
Yes, Halfbeaks are terribly cannibalistic if the fry have no hiding places. You were lucky to get three home alive. Getting another spawn from the female will require a male, hopefully you got one. It also requires live food. Mine liked wingless fruit flies dropped on the surface, but anything small that floats will do.

Common Halfbeak fry are very slow growers, the difficulty lies in feeding the fry good food. They prefer live, but most live foods will not gather at the surface where the fry hunt. I solved the problem by covering the sides of the tank and putting a strong light above the surface, then adding brine shrimp nauplii, which are drawn to the light. If you don't cover the sides of the container, the bbs won't be drawn as strongly to the overhead light.

Good luck!

Turbo2324
Yeah alright my grown halfbeak loves these little moths I catch and throw in the tank if I get a really small one I sometimes cut it up into small enough pieces for the fry which even then is sometimes to large for them but they do like the brine shrimp I put in there

I’m glad that they are slow growers because I was starting to get worried that maybe something was wrong, how big would you say is big enough for them to be put into the community tank with the mother and not be eaten

chromedome52
Hard to say, but I'd think they would be safe if they are more than half her size.

Turbo2324
Yeah alright I’ll wait another 2-3 months then, Thankyou for your help

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blub
Replies
Views
bitseriously
Replies
Views
fishandle