wow

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
for the past few months julian has looked like a very sad pathetic betta, I got him in some proper light today and i was amazed at his finnage, I forgot how beautifull he was...

Boo bad apartment lighting

Hurray Betta

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
What type of lighting and how is Julian liking it?  We haven't even gotten around to the lighting side of things.  GB has the light-in-the-hood that comes with the Hex 5.  It's not plugged in and the cord is all wrapped up, though, because of the need to keep removing the hood for water changes.

Mike

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
it's just the room itself and the color of the walls. I have one tiny 60watt bulb that is mostly covered in my ceiling. that and his water has been a tad green from fungal treatments :-\

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ahh, treatments.  GB's tank got pretty cloudy about Day 3 of the Maracyn 2 treatments.  That's done and he's had two water changes since yesterday afternoon, so, it's clearing up.

I take it you don't have a light hood.

Mike 

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I do, but combined with the cloudy water and poor lighting,....it just isn't good for betta viewing.

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, as of now, I've done four 50% water changes since Sunday afternoon and GB's tank is pretty clear.  After Julian's treatments, things should clear up in his tank, too.  And, now that the days are getting longer, Julian should start getting more light.

Mike

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom