Wow, who would have thought it??!!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lol. I was in the biology lesson today at school and Biology isnt one of my best subjects, but today I could do the work! The teacher sayd that we would be doing work on the nitrogen cycle and at first it didn't click then, after she'd explaind it, I realised that it is exactly the same as how to cycle a tank!! lol. Nobody else seemed to understand it but i did  because i understand about cycling a tank, and i ended up explaining to everyone about it lol! My whole class now knows about cycling tanks!! yay!! ;D

My teacher also keeps a goldfish in a smallish tank in the class and everytime i got to that lesson i think to myself how misstreated it is. Today i explained to her that he needed a bigger tank and a filter and told her about cycling (I thought it was apropriate for the lesson!!  ). Hopefully now she'll buy a bigger tank for him and a filter.  ;D

Gwenz 

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have a science teacher in school that taught in a reverse way. He would give the example before he taught the theory behind it. Made things very easy when you saw how something worked first and then were told the math, chemical symbols, etc. after the fact. It gave you something to associate the complicated stuff with and I think he was one of the few teachers that had almost all A students and not because he was going easy on us. Pretty cool when you can associate real life to school. Even cooler being able to teach the teacher "you know about the nitrogen cycle but can't take care of a goldfish correctly?!?!" ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good job.. teach the teacher!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yea lol. the science teacher at my school are rubbish - they know nothing. lol!!

Gwenz

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gwenz said:
yea lol. the science teacher at my school are rubbish - they know nothing. lol!!
Gwenz
frightening how much our 2 countries have in common.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
Gwenz said:
Gwenz
frightening how much our 2 countries have in common.
For you guys its science teachers, for me, its math teachers.
Tom

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hmm.. the math teachers here learned me good to cipher up them numbers.. like 2+2 is 22. jk.. it's 5.. if i'm a stinker, don't blame me - my betta made me do it.

seriously, i had a great math teacher in college. i bet it was nice to instruct a teacher in the nitrogen cycle though.. real life is where you learn the most.

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Had a great math teacher in college, that is until she had the nerve to get pregnant and go on a 2 year vaca from teaching (the nerve of some people ). I then proceeded to go through 4 other teachers before I gave up all together and got a job

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL.. the nerve of some people.. who does she think she is getting pregnant like that - a livebearer?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well we have a french teacher that has got pregnant twice staight fter each other and missed 2 years of teaching and a cooking techer is just about to have her third baby - one of them is 1 the other bout 5months old and now she's having another. I cant remember the last time i saw her at school!! lol

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm glad you had the opportunity to explain to them what Nitrogen Cycle is all about. Hopefully, those from the group who will have tanks, will remember about the cycle. Great job Gwenz By the way, did the teacher get a bigger tank?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gwenz said:
Well we have a french teacher that has got pregnant twice staight fter each other and missed 2 years of teaching and a cooking techer is just about to have her third baby - one of them is 1 the other bout 5months old and now she's having another. I cant remember the last time i saw her at school!! lol

Gwenz
Is there something in the water there?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lol!!

Gwenz

abbynuss

Reaction score
It's interesting, I was telling my boyfriend's kids about the nitrogen cycle and the biological filtration systems in both freshwater and saltwater tanks, and they were telling me they were learning that in their biology class LOL

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yea its good to know how things are used in real life as well not to just learn about them.

Gwenz ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, seems like so much school information has little use in the real world so it's cool to find some that does.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yea! for example there are some things in maths that id never need to use in futur, so why teach us them! ? lol

Gwenz

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
to sell calculators!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lol!

Gwenz