Wow time flies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JessiNoel21, Dec 3, 2012.

1. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I was just waiting in line to get a gift card for my mom for Christmas. When one of her childhood spotted me and ask how everyone was doing and checking Taleigh out. When she ask me how my mom was doing today? And I was like fine as far as I knew but I was on my way to see her so she could watch Taleigh while I go get my nails done. She goes well I hope today is not to hard on her seeing today is the day your MeMe passed away. And then it hit me today 5 yrs ago my MeMe passed away after beating the odds for 86 years. So I went and got two pink roses one for my mom and one to put at my grandparents grave site. I never forgot until anything today I feel like a total fool and idiot.

2. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

The good news is that you were reminded! Count that as a blessing!

3. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

We never really forget... but sometimes the hurt associated with the death itself gets put away somewhere in our brain. Maybe that's a good thing, I dunno... May you remember the good stuff as well. ;)

4. OP
    OP
    J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Well I think it because I've been in mommy mode that it just skipped my mind. She lived a great life it just very hard on my mom cuz she is the baby of the family and they where very close like me and her are and how I hope me and Taleigh will be.

5. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

Strange how things work out the one time you forgot you were also reminded. I used to be so organied until I became a mum now I can't even tell you with certainty how old I will be when I next blow out candles!

6. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

See the thing is, your brain is like a hard drive and the longer you live, the more stuff it starts to store. Once it's full it starts deleting old files to make room for the new ones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice