WOW I GOT EGGS HELP HELP HELP PEASE!!!!

garybuk

Reaction score
I got eggs and only a few are white witch means they are dead right??? but LODS more are clear... i wana devide my tank up and spilt the eggs from the angels so they dont eat them can i do this? if i divide the fish away from them do i have to do anythink to help the eggs , woow this is my 1st set of eggs im well eggsited but yeah help asap please thank you in advanced gary

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You can divide the tank, but if your eggs become wigglers, you will need to be doing daily water changes. Depending on the conditions of your tank (size, inhabitants, etc.), you might want to let the parents try this whole thing out for themselves. I have 2 pair in a 55 that lay eggs pretty often, but always end up eating them because of the other pair in the tank. Since they've spawned once, most likely they will spawn again. What did they spawn on? Is it a leaf or something you can remove from the tank?

garybuk

Reaction score
Gunnie said:
You can divide the tank, but if your eggs become wigglers, you will need to be doing daily water changes.  Depending on the conditions of your tank (size, inhabitants, etc.), you might want to let the parents try this whole thing out for themselves.  I have 2 pair in a 55 that lay eggs pretty often, but always end up eating them because of the other pair in the tank.  Since they've spawned once, most likely they will spawn again.  What did they spawn on?  Is it a leaf or something you can remove from the tank?   
hi i didnt devide the tank in the end thort ill let them learn, iv only got the angles in my 40lilter fish tank aswell as two other orange fish (small ones) but iv just got home today and the eggs now have little tails comeing out witch is soo cute , but the angles and like blowing them off then eating them i think, a few are going in to a weed and under graver buti very much delt they will survie they are lods more eggs tho on the filter so i cant take then out one cos its stuck in and two i dont have a nother fish tank, all tho would be a good reson if i could take it out to buy one. hope they learn soon befor they eat them all. shudi take the other two orange fish out???

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats! If you have filtration that has a tube sticking in the tank and sucking out water, you may want to cover the intake with a pre-filter sponge or a nylon stocking, so the babies don't get sucked into the filter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom