Wow Fish For 150 Gallon?

Abdullah

Reaction score
Need ideas for a WOW fish for my 150 gallon tank
Of the three which should I get?
-Oscar
-Datnoid
- or Giant redtail gorami

The fish needs to be able to live its life in a 150 gallon tank at max size, needs to stand out, I only want one, to stand out of a pack of 6 silver dollars and 2 blue crayfish. Its needs to be abit big, and not to eat my crays, don't want any other Cichlids besides Oscar due to them being way too color full. I am open to suggestions, about puffers, I don't want them because they will eat my crays, unless you know and puffer that wont. Thanks

Fishywife

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd go with a flowerhorn personally edit: I didnt read it fully and a flowerhorn would eat everything in your tank...

BettaAquarium

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The oscar would eat the crayfish. Stocking a larger tank usually is depending on the measurements.
I love oscars, and I would highly recommend them. They would not bother the silver dollars but would eat the crayfish.

Oscars need quite wide tanks because they grow quite large.
Once we get to know your measurements, we can furtherly stock the tank.

Abdullah

Reaction score
It is 48" L x 30"H x 18'W

Any other recommendations

Abdullah

Reaction score
BettaAquarium said:
The oscar would eat the crayfish. Stocking a larger tank usually is depending on the measurements.
I love oscars, and I would highly recommend them. They would not bother the silver dollars but would eat the crayfish.

Read below

Abdullah

Reaction score
The
BettaAquarium said:

Redtail looks nice, and not everyone has one, same with the datnoid

Becknewt24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would a black ghost knifefish be an option? Don't know too much about them other than they need 150 gallons I heard, but heard once trained they are very sociable.

Abdullah

Reaction score
hmm, sounds cool, only thing is they kinda look like a muddy water electric eel (not a bad thing), but they mostly hang near the bottom I guess, my cray may eat them or other way around? Can someone tell me more about knife fish, any other recommendation, also would I be able to have a knife fish, 2 crays, 6 silver dollars, and 1 big fish in one 150 gallon tank?

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Abdullah said:
hmm, sounds cool, only thing is they kinda look like a muddy water electric eel (not a bad thing), but they mostly hang near the bottom I guess, my cray may eat them or other way around? Can someone tell me more about knife fish, any other recommendation, also would I be able to have a knife fish, 2 crays, 6 silver dollars, and 1 big fish in one 150 gallon tank?
The knife and the crays won't work out well IMO. Id choose between the two.

Abdullah

Reaction score
aussieJJDude said:
The knife and the crays won't work out well IMO. Id choose between the two.
lol okay, Crays them, I just love them too much for no reason

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads