Wounded tiger barb

Tigerburp

I have this tiger barb called “all blacks” he has this circular bloody wound,he lives with 9 other barbs so I suspect one of them but him, how do I treat the wound, will send a photo once I get a decent one
Ok got one
Update
Wound seems to have stopped bleeding

Attachments

• 17B1B047-6303-40B7-B446-9E3E72140809.jpeg
    17B1B047-6303-40B7-B446-9E3E72140809.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 23

Geniusdude

I have this tiger barb called “all blacks” he has this circular bloody wound,he lives with 9 other barbs so I suspect one of them but him, how do I treat the wound, will send a photo once I get a decent one
Ok got one
Update
Isn’t that normal for tiger barbs

Tigerburp

I would start with frequent water changes and aquarium salt
Great I just did that

Wayne73

Ok got one
Update
If you have no live plants use aquarium salts.with regular water changes.Or if you've live plants use melafix dose as needed to volume of your tank capacity for 7 days then do a water change.

Tigerburp

I
If you have no live plants use aquarium salts.with regular water changes.Or if you've live plants use melafix dose as needed to volume of your tank capacity for 7 days then do a water change.
I have live plants and I used salt , he seems to be slightly better today

Wayne73

I used salt once in a planted aquarium, to help with some wounded fish.
It helped the fish but killed my plants off.So that's why suggested melafix. But if your plants cope then it's all good.

Tigerburp

I used salt once in a planted aquarium, to help with some wounded fish.
It helped the fish but killed my plants off.So that's why suggested melafix. But if your plants cope then it's all good.
They are java fern and anubias so if didn’t think salt would be a problem

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tayler
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
ForceTen
Replies