Wound/hole On Dead Fish

redbeaver

Reaction score
I decided to purchase new fish for a guppy breeding project recently. Haven't introduced anything to my fish room in years so I have no idea what this is.

Day one - Stopped eating.

Day two - Secluded himself to one side of the tank. Stringy clear/white feces.

Day three - He could barely keep afloat in the 10 gallon quarantine tank I had him in. Decided to separate him in a shallow container in the morning and by the time I got back in the afternoon he was gone.

Appears to have a round wound on his body and the tail is partially gone. He was not in this condition when I left this morning so I am stumped as to what might've caused these two wounds.

Other fish in the quarantine tank seem fine. But I am wondering if there is some sort of parasite that I need to treat for. Perhaps the hole/body wound and general symptoms I've provided above might give a clue to someone more well versed in fish disease? Afraid to hear it's some sort of flesh eating parasite or somethin.

Attachments

Katie Allibone

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If it was parasite then he might have had Anchor worms even tho the holes don’t look that much like them maybe do a little google on it and see if any of the symptoms look familiar!

Sorry I’m not that knowledged on diseases I’m sure someone else will come

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom