Wound/hole On Dead Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by redbeaver, Apr 4, 2019.

1. redbeaverNew MemberMember

I decided to purchase new fish for a guppy breeding project recently. Haven't introduced anything to my fish room in years so I have no idea what this is.

Day one - Stopped eating.

Day two - Secluded himself to one side of the tank. Stringy clear/white feces.

Day three - He could barely keep afloat in the 10 gallon quarantine tank I had him in. Decided to separate him in a shallow container in the morning and by the time I got back in the afternoon he was gone.

Appears to have a round wound on his body and the tail is partially gone. He was not in this condition when I left this morning so I am stumped as to what might've caused these two wounds.

Other fish in the quarantine tank seem fine. But I am wondering if there is some sort of parasite that I need to treat for. Perhaps the hole/body wound and general symptoms I've provided above might give a clue to someone more well versed in fish disease? Afraid to hear it's some sort of flesh eating parasite or somethin.

Attached Files:

2. Katie AlliboneNew MemberMember

If it was parasite then he might have had Anchor worms even tho the holes don’t look that much like them maybe do a little google on it and see if any of the symptoms look familiar!

Sorry I’m not that knowledged on diseases I’m sure someone else will come

3. jaderivfNew MemberMember

i have never seen or heard of this outside of oscars having hole in the head disease. maybe it's that, but on a tiny, guppy-sized scale?? how crazy!