Would you...

dvc_r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I want to know if I'm crazy or would you do the same thing?

I was at my LFS and overheard a conversation two shoppers and an employee were having about Discus Fish. Since the employee knows I have some he introduced me to one of them and after talking to this total stranger, he invited me to his house to see his fish! Since I LOVE my fish and this hobby, I didn't even hesitate and we were off to his house. He had some beautiful fish, both fresh and saltwater.

My wife thinks I'm crazy to go to a strangers house. "what if he's an axe murderer?" I replied..."well today is Halloween!".

...she didn't think that was funny.

Tavel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
MY wife would think it's funny...but she's just as dark as i am ;-D

she'd also think it would be funny if i got murdered on halloween...she'd be sad, but seriously, that's some funny stuff.

MizRamzi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ever see a horror movie where the killer has a fish tank in his/her home? NOPE!!! Dogs yea, cats yea, birds yea, kids yea, husbands yea, wives yea...so seeeee people with fish are waaaaaay safe!!!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello DVC. I may have done the same thing as long as it wasn't too far away. However, CHILDREN, DO NOT try this!
Ken

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
haha Good point from MizRamzi. It should be okay to do that, it's like being a good samaritan fish keeper helping another I wouldn't do it as it is way past my limit. I've helped fish keepers who visit the LFS near my place and had trouble, managed to give a few suggestions and advice but I would never go to their place. My dad also has a friend who has trouble with her tank. My dad offered her that I will visit her place to help her out. LOL

But its a good dead you did there, dvc. But just be careful, we don't want your wife to get too worried.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
dvc_r said:
I want to know if I'm crazy or would you do the same thing?

I was at my LFS and overheard a conversation two shoppers and an employee were having about Discus Fish. Since the employee knows I have some he introduced me to one of them and after talking to this total stranger, he invited me to his house to see his fish! Since I LOVE my fish and this hobby, I didn't even hesitate and we were off to his house. He had some beautiful fish, both fresh and saltwater.

My wife thinks I'm crazy to go to a strangers house. "what if he's an axe murderer?" I replied..."well today is Halloween!".

...she didn't think that was funny.
the wifey isnt in the hobby as much as you are is she? :whistling: I do this all the time or people come to my home...last night for trick or treat night, I had about as many people walk through my home (because it was all dark and only fish tank lights were on) like it was a museum...my bf says im nutso too! LOL

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
As a single female, no I wouldn't. I'm always VERY careful when picking up Craigslist tanks.

However, I have no problem with people coming to my home, but I have two VERY protective and intimidating dogs who would defend this family if it was necessary.

I do have to agree, the irony of being murdered on Halloween does tickle my funny bone.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think that society is becoming far too little trusting of others. Yes, there are some creepy people out there, but the fact remains that the majority of us are decent people. Be careful, exercise basic caution, but I think it's ridiculous to let fear get in the way of real contact with other people.

dvc_r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow, got some pretty interesting feedback. And I see Halloween brings out some strange characteristics in a few of us. Not to mention any names... (Shawnie ), you got us laughing pretty hard. I got a perfect visual of these kids in costume checking out the tanks. ...Advertising... good for the hobby... start them young!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom