Would you rather- fish edition - Page 2

Nataku

Mii said:
Would you rather have 10 gouramis or 10 cichlids
10 cichlids. There's more species of cichlids out there than there are gourami species.

Would you rather scrub algae out of ten 10 gallon tanks, or scrub algae out of one 100 gallon tank?

Mii

Nataku said:
10 cichlids. There's more species of cichlids out there than there are gourami species.

Would you rather scrub algae out of ten 10 gallon tanks, or scrub algae out of one 100 gallon tank?
One 100g will have less surface area.

Would you rather have an Asian Arowana, or a Golden Sailfin pleco?

SnookusFish

Mii said:
One 100g will have less surface area.

Would you rather have an Asian Arowana, or a Golden Sailfin pleco?
Pleco
Would you rather have a 300 gallon but its a comet goldfish tank or a 30 gallon tropical community.

Mii

SnookusFish said:
Pleco
Would you rather have a 300 gallon but its a comet goldfish tank or a 30 gallon tropical community.
Honestly i already have tropical community tanks, and i actually really like comet goldfish, which would be really happy to have a nice big tank to swim around in, as they themselves get pretty big. So comet goldfish it is.

Would you rather have a koi pond or a goldfish pond?

Nataku

Koi pond. I already have a goldfish pond that has been stocked entirely with goldfish people have given to me because they realized they couldn't adequately care for a goldfish in a 10 gallon.

Would you rather build a community around a pH of 5 or a pH of 9?

Aquariumlover1357

I think I would rather have a ph of 5 because it seems easier to raise pH than it is to lower it. Besides, more fish can live in, say, a lower ph of 6 like rasboras and some tetras, while less fish can live in a ph of 8 or above

Would you rather have an algae-filled tank with no algae-eaters or the same tank but with snails and shrimp that somehow endlessly breeds?

Mii

Aquariumlover1357 said:
I think I would rather have a ph of 5 because it seems easier to raise pH than it is to lower it. Besides, more fish can live in, say, a lower ph of 6 like rasboras and some tetras, while less fish can live in a ph of 8 or above

Would you rather have an algae-filled tank with no algae-eaters or the same tank but with snails and shrimp that somehow endlessly breeds?
I'd just put some fish in that will eat the snails and shrimp when they overpopulate.

Would you rather have bronze corys or albino corys?

Nataku

Mii said:
Would you rather have bronze corys or albino corys?
Trick question. Most albino corydoras are bronze corydoras. So if I had albinos I'd still have c. aeneus.

Would you rather have a tank stocked with nothing but bottom dwellers, or a tank stocked with nothing but top dwellers?

Mii

I am well aware that they're the same species. The question was which color do you prefer.
Nataku said:
Trick question. Most albino corydoras are bronze corydoras. So if I had albinos I'd still have c. aeneus.

Would you rather have a tank stocked with nothing but bottom dwellers, or a tank stocked with nothing but top dwellers?
Nataku said:

Top dwellers. Groups of honey gouramis are the best.

SanDiegoRedneck

pattersonbear said:
So how this game works is one person says a 'would you rather'. It can be anything fish related (ex. Would you rather own a green terror or a firemouth cichlid? would you rather have a rack of 20 gallons or a 50 gallon tank? would you rather use a HOB or canister filter? ect.) The person below them then answers the question, and can give a short reason why if they want. They then add their own 'would you rather' and the game continues.
I'll start
Would you rather have a 20 gallon community tank or species only tank?

Betta'sAnonymous

Mii said:
Well short finned bettas aren't particularly rare, and they're honestly the ones i really like, so rare color. Purple to be exact.

Would you rather have a giant betta or a tiny green terror
I have a purple veiltail

Betta'sAnonymous

Would you rather...become a master at keeping and breeding an especially difficult fish or be a master at keeping and breeding every type of common aquarium fish?

FishBoy101

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Would you rather...become a master at keeping and breeding an especially difficult fish or be a master at keeping and breeding every type of common aquarium fish?
Very difficult fish, hard to breed fish are caught mainly from the wild, so this will put an end to that!

Would you rather have every kind of cichlid in a massive tank, or every kind of tetra(in a school), in a massive tank?

Mii

FishBoy101 said:
Very difficult fish, hard to breed fish are caught mainly from the wild, so this will put an end to that!

Would you rather have every kind of cichlid in a massive tank, or every kind of tetra(in a school), in a massive tank?
Tetras. Cichlids would be a total warzone. Would you rather have a 20 gallon tank with 30 neon tetras, or 15 cardinal tetras

jkkgron2

Depends, are we guaranteed to get healthy disease-free fish? If yes then I would get neons.
Would you rather do a 55g African cichlid tank or a 55g community tank?

Mii

jkkgron2 said:
Depends, are we guaranteed to get healthy disease-free fish? If yes then I would get neons.
Would you rather do a 55g African cichlid tank or a 55g community tank?
Community tank. Pearl gouramis, Siamese algae eaters, and lots of little schooling fish. Would you rather get bit by 8 piranhas, or 1 alligator gar

Aquariumlover1357

Ooh. Both are nasty! I feel like if you get bit in the wrong spot, an alligator gar could kill you, but it all depends on the size. The piranhas, even though there are more, should be less deadly. So piranhas.

Would you rather get a 75 gallon betta sorority or 15 or so male bettas in a split 75 gallon.

Mii

Aquariumlover1357 said:
Ooh. Both are nasty! I feel like if you get bit in the wrong spot, an alligator gar could kill you, but it all depends on the size. The piranhas, even though there are more, should be less deadly. So piranhas.

Would you rather get a 75 gallon betta sorority or 15 or so male bettas in a split 75 gallon.
I would have a betta sorority. I'd just do 3 so they'd have lots of room to make their own territories. Most people would say you need at least 5 to spread out aggression, but I'd rather just have enough space for them to get away from each other so you don't need tk spread out aggression. I'd then add some tetras and rasboras, and a school of Siamese algae eaters. Would you rather be a betta in an unheated bowl, meaning you're cold, but at least you have room to move around, or a goldfish in an unheated bowl, meaning you're not too cold, because they're coldwater fish, but you don't have much space to move?

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
I would have a betta sorority. I'd just do 3 so they'd have lots of room to make their own territories. Most people would say you need at least 5 to spread out aggression, but I'd rather just have enough space for them to get away from each other so you don't need tk spread out aggression. I'd then add some tetras and rasboras, and a school of Siamese algae eaters. Would you rather be a betta in an unheated bowl, meaning you're cold, but at least you have room to move around, or a goldfish in an unheated bowl, meaning you're not too cold, because they're coldwater fish, but you don't have much space to move?
I would rather be the betta. Being stuck in one spot would drive me crazy.

Would you rather keep koi or goldfish?

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
I would rather be the betta. Being stuck in one spot would drive me crazy.

Would you rather keep koi or goldfish?
Koi are just so pretty. I'ma have to go with them. In a 55 gallon planted tank, as a centerpiece fish to live with a bunch of small tetras, would you rather have angelfish or pearl gouramis (I'd go with the pearls just because gouramis are my favorite fish ever)

blennylover2323

I have both... but I would prefer angelfish, especially veil tail angelfish!!

would you rather have a Oscar or a flowerhorn??

AquaticQueen

blennylover2323 said:
I have both... but I would prefer angelfish, especially veil tail angelfish!!

would you rather have a Oscar or a flowerhorn??
A flowerhorn. They are sooooo adorable!

Would you rather have a betta or a goldfish?

Betta'sAnonymous

Obviously a betta, since i have 2 of them already and working on a 3rd tank!

Would you rather have a 125g oscar tank or a 1000+ gallon catfish tank?

blennylover2323

betta, I'm getting one of Thursday next week!!
I'm soo excited!!

would you rather have an extremely expensive and rare fish or a new massive luxurious tank?

Mii

blennylover2323 said:
betta, I'm getting one of Thursday next week!!
I'm soo excited!!

would you rather have an extremely expensive and rare fish or a new massive luxurious tank?
i honestly don't get why people care how rare a fish is when you can get just as good personality and appearance from a common one. so giant tank.

would you rather have a convict cichlids species tank or a firemouth cichlids species tank

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
would you rather have a convict cichlids species tank or a firemouth cichlids species tank
Convict.

Would you rather have all hard water fish or all soft water fish?

redmare

AquaticQueen said:
Convict.

Would you rather have all hard water fish or all soft water fish?
All soft water fish! I love amazon fish.
would you rather one huge tank that could hold all the species you ever want to keep, or never be able to put two species in the same tank?

Mii

redmare said:
would you rather one huge tank that could hold all the species you ever want to keep, or never be able to put two species in the same tank?
1 huge tank. Having to only ever do species tanks would get old pretty quick. Would you rather have bettas be super peaceful, but honey gouramis turn mean, or just leave the 2 fish the way they are right now.

redmare

Mii said:
1 huge tank. Having to only ever do species tanks would get old pretty quick. Would you rather have bettas be super peaceful, but honey gouramis turn mean, or just leave the 2 fish the way they are right now.
I'd make bettas peaceful! Imagine a tank full of a community of male bettas.... I would love that!
Would you rather have to give away every fish you have now, and buy new fish, or never be able to buy new fish again?

AquaticQueen

redmare said:
I'd make bettas peaceful! Imagine a tank full of a community of male bettas.... I would love that!
Would you rather have to give away every fish you have now, and buy new fish, or never be able to buy new fish again?
Well, my molly and corys are living miserable lives right now in a tank that is too small for them and they would be better off with someone else who can give them proper care but I love my betta sooooo much. I don't know about that one.

Would you rather breed bettas or angelfish?

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
Well, my molly and corys are living miserable lives right now in a tank that is too small for them and they would be better off with someone else who can give them proper care but I love my betta sooooo much. I don't know about that one.

Would you rather breed bettas or angelfish?
Angelfish. With bettas you'd have to house the offspring separately when they got older and that would be a pain because fish have so many babies. Would you rather have 1 55 gallon tank or 2 30 gallon tanks, assuming these have to be the only fish tanks you can own.

FishBoy101

redmare said:
Never put 2 in one tank, community tanks have gotten boring after keeping them for so long.

Would you rather never keep cichlids or never keep livebearers ever again?

blennylover2323

Mii said:
Angelfish. With bettas you'd have to house the offspring separately when they got older and that would be a pain because fish have so many babies. Would you rather have 1 55 gallon tank or 2 30 gallon tanks, assuming these have to be the only fish tanks you can own.
I would probably go for 2 30 gallon tanks. the more tanks the better, right?

would you rather never be able to breed fish or all your fish suddenly breed?

Mii

blennylover2323 said:
I would probably go for 2 30 gallon tanks. the more tanks the better, right?

would you rather never be able to breed fish or all your fish suddenly breed?
I honestly don't really care about breeding fish, and if all my fish breed it'd be a pain dealing with all the fry. Would rather get free unlimited 10 gallon tanks, or 1 free 100g tank

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
I honestly don't really care about breeding fish, and if all my fish breed it'd be a pain dealing with all the fry. Would rather get free unlimited 10 gallon tanks, or 1 free 100g tank
Definitely one free 100g.

Would you rather have a canister or an HOB filter on your tank(s)?

Aquariumlover1357

HOB filter. I've just had more luck with hang on back filters rather than canisters, and I like how they don't take up too much space inside and outside the tank. The waterfall-ish outtake is also cool.

Would you rather have a 20 gallon community fish tank with whatever fish you want or a 75 gallon but only for shrimp and only ever be used for shrimp.

redmare

Aquariumlover1357 said:
HOB filter. I've just had more luck with hang on back filters rather than canisters, and I like how they don't take up too much space inside and outside the tank. The waterfall-ish outtake is also cool.

Would you rather have a 20 gallon community fish tank with whatever fish you want or a 75 gallon but only for shrimp and only ever be used for shrimp.
Assuming I can keep other tanks as well... totally 75 gallon shrimp tank! That would be awesome.

Would you rather only keep fish under 3" or over 3"?

Mii

redmare said:
Assuming I can keep other tanks as well... totally 75 gallon shrimp tank! That would be awesome.

Would you rather only keep fish under 3" or over 3"?
Well pretty much all my fish right now are under 3" and i would never get rid of them so under 3". Would you rather have corys or otos as your only bottom dwellers?

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
Well pretty much all my fish right now are under 3" and i would never get rid of them so under 3". Would you rather have corys or otos as your only bottom dwellers?
Definitely corys. They're the cutest little things.

Would you rather have an all tetra tank or an all rainbow fish tank? Any size.

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
Definitely corys. They're the cutest little things.

Would you rather have an all tetra tank or an all rainbow fish tank? Any size.
Rainbowfish. I can already afford to house small tetras because they're small. Rainbows are bigger. Would you rather have a honey gourami species tank or a shell dweller species tank?

fishlover357

Shell Dwellers.
Would you rather have snails or shrimp?

AquaticQueen

fishlover357 said:
Shell Dwellers.
Would you rather have snails or shrimp?
Shrimp.

Would rather have sand or gravel as your substrate?

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
Shrimp.

Would rather have sand or gravel as your substrate?
Sand. Gravel scrapes up you fish. Evil stuff. Would you rather have unlimited aquarium stuff, or unlimited aquarium storage?

Mii

Mii said:
Sand. Gravel scrapes up you fish. Evil stuff. Would you rather have unlimited aquarium stuff, or unlimited aquarium storage?
Still no reply? Fine. New question. Would you rather have to house 1 common pleco or 50 bristlenose plecos?

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
Still no reply? Fine. New question. Would you rather have to house 1 common pleco or 50 bristlenose plecos?
I common pleco. I wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance for 50 BN plecos.
Would you rather have a 20 gallon high or a 20 gallon long?

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
I common pleco. I wouldn't be able to keep up with the maintenance for 50 BN plecos.
Would you rather have a 20 gallon high or a 20 gallon long?
High they take up less space.

Would you rather have a green betta or a purple betta

AquaticQueen

Mii said:
Would you rather have a green betta or a purple betta
Green because I already have a purple betta.

Mii

AquaticQueen said:
Green because I already have a purple betta.
are you going to ask a would you rather question?

Betta'sAnonymous

Green betta, already have a purple one.

Would you rather...have a wild-caught betta you catch yourself or a wild-caught betta you order?

Mii

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Green betta, already have a purple one.

Would you rather...have a wild-caught betta you catch yourself or a wild-caught betta you order?
catch myself. how do i know i can trust whoever i'm ordering from. would you rather have a 55g tank with one large fish or a bunch of tiny fish

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom