Would You Like To See Adolfoi Corydoras?

Snailyy

Reaction score
Hey fishforum,

I’ve been searching for an opportunity to purchase Adolfoi Corydora (Canada) despite lack of complete unavailability here, for about 2-3 years. I’ve reached out to every local & non-local merchant, with no luck, until today!

A specialty shop near me has come in stock where I’ll be purchasing 7 Adolfoi corydora. Within the internet, I’ve noticed a lack of coverage for these unique fish.

I’m more or less saying I will be posting pictures/videos but to what extent will be up to how much you guys want to see. Let me know if it’s something you would like to be updated on!

Tank: 45 Gallons
Substrate: Moonlight Sand
Driftwood: Malaysian
Plants: dwarf grass mini, anubias mini, weeping moss.
Fish: zebra Otocinclus, corydoras panda

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would LOVE to see them! I was going to get some a couple years ago but being wild caught, they would not do well in my tanks. I opted for orange lazers instead.
Look forward to seeing them soon.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Adolfoi are a lovely cory & can be hard to find but worth the hunt, I have a group of them.
Make sure the ones you’re getting are actually C. adolfoi & not C.duplicareus, the two are very similar & are often misidentified

Snailyy

Reaction score
Just purchased, So look forward to it! (Arriving Wednesday). I got information from the seller and they are tank raised.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Coradee said:
Adolfoi are a lovely cory & can be hard to find but worth the hunt, I have a group of them.
Make sure the ones you’re getting are actually C. adolfoi & not C.duplicareus, the two are very similar & are often misidentified
I recently wanted Adolfoi but with my rotten luck getting cories that were mislabeled, I did a lot of research and decided to get Duplicareus mainly because they don't lose their color as they age. I was lucky to find them somewhat local (40m away).

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Naseem said:
Just purchased, So look forward to it! (Arriving Wednesday). I got information from the seller and they are tank raised.
Mmmm C.adolfoi aren't that often tankbred/raised. Duplicareus on the other hand are.

WinterSoldier.

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can't wait to see pics!

blue velvet keeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Plz attempt to breed them even if you don't still a very cool fish

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looked for a long time for adolfoi that were not wild caught. My water is not suitable for WC cories. I had to settle for CW010s instead. Please post pictures when you get them! I love those guys.

Snailyy

Reaction score
9B9FC810-A950-480D-A675-620295D8ACE8.png
KimberlyG said:
Looked for a long time for adolfoi that were not wild caught. My water is not suitable for WC cories. I had to settle for CW010s instead. Please post pictures when you get them! I love those guys.
I will, should be coming today!

Snailyy

Reaction score
They’re here & acclimated!!! More pics tomorrow, I’m leaving the lights off so they’re not stressed out (black bits are soil & driftwood pieces).

I did have something weird happen, I had one lone survivor Full grown panda Cory in my tank for a long while. The rest died on the way home and shortly after being acclimated from the lfs. Anyway he was chasing the Adolfoi around the tank and away, granted he’s a lottt bigger but I’ve never seen that bullying behaviour? Anyways I took him out and he’ll live in a smaller tank.
03D9086F-8D1E-4417-93E2-6081B9DE07D6.jpeg
0312BE4B-E758-4A72-8A2B-A72FDEA6C2D1.jpeg
24C848F8-574C-42E5-AD7F-E63E8BBED2BE.jpeg

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So cute!!!

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They're cute, beautiful fish! I've always wanted them, but they're just too expensive.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Snailyy said:
They’re here & acclimated!!! More pics tomorrow, I’m leaving the lights off so they’re not stressed out (black bits are soil & driftwood pieces).

I did have something weird happen, I had one lone survivor Full grown panda Cory in my tank for a long while. The rest died on the way home and shortly after being acclimated from the lfs. Anyway he was chasing the Adolfoi around the tank and away, granted he’s a lottt bigger but I’ve never seen that bullying behaviour? Anyways I took him out and he’ll live in a smaller tank.
03D9086F-8D1E-4417-93E2-6081B9DE07D6.jpeg
0312BE4B-E758-4A72-8A2B-A72FDEA6C2D1.jpeg
24C848F8-574C-42E5-AD7F-E63E8BBED2BE.jpeg
Think you misunderstood the Panda behaviour. I think it just is a social fish that was alone for some time getting to meet new companions and trying to interact (maybe even mate) with the new ones.
Corys don't bully. It was simply alone.

Snailyy

Reaction score
Here’s a short video of them feeding! Sorry for the shaky camera, I’ll probably re-upload one not shaky! (You can watch in HD)

Snailyy

Reaction score
DoubleDutch said:
Think you misunderstood the Panda behaviour. I think it just is a social fish that was alone for some time getting to meet new companions and trying to interact (maybe even mate) with the new ones.
Corys don't bully. It was simply alone.
Yeah, I very much agree but it does look like they don’t like it. They socialize with each other well, with the panda he just chases them around and they get scared. Maybe he’s just the new kid in their class?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Snailyy said:
Yeah, I very much agree but it does look like they don’t like it. They socialize with each other well, with the panda he just chases them around and they get scared. Maybe he’s just the new kid in their class?
Pandas are from Peru (Spanish) and Adolfoi from Brasil (Portuguese) hahahaha.

I had something going on with a Dwarf Chain Loach and my Corydoras habrosus.
It tried to interact (being alone) but the Corys only got annoyed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom