would you have another tank...

if you had unlimited cash and space would you get another tank?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• unsure

• Total voters
tan.b
as mts seems quite widespread and it seems the only thing that keeps it from getting out of control is your wallet and space I was just wondering if these werent an issue, would you get another tank? tan

atmmachine816
Absolutely

Jimold
the only thing holding me back right now is where to put another one

tan.b
get a 7 foot one 5 foot wide, put a matress on it and there you go.....a tank bed! think of the fish that could fit in there!

COBettaCouple
if I had unlimited space and money, i'd go buy all of dino's tanks off him. so maybe my answer should've been no.. I couldn't stop at just 1.. or 2.. or 3.. or 4...

Jimold
tan, that's a new twist on the whole waterbed idea...lol

sgould
What kind of goofy question is that!? OF COURSE I would! In fact...I am working on a 3rd tank right now and I don't have either the money OR the space! ;D

Tom
Why would you only get one if you have endless amounts of cash? Why not 5-10 1000gallon tanks?
Tom

Luniyn
With endless money, I would build the house around the tanks. Design transit systems that snaked all through the house so the fish could travel everywhere. Entire walls that were tanks and best of all, the ceiling of the master bedroom would be a giant fishtank. And of course a crew of people to clean everything for me ;D.

COBettaCouple
With endless money, I would build the house around the tanks. Design transit systems that snaked all through the house so the fish could travel everywhere. Entire walls that were tanks and best of all, the ceiling of the master bedroom would be a giant fishtank. And of course a crew of people to clean everything for me ;D.

Yea, that crew of fish attendants would be necessary.. i'd build the house so that every part of it had that transit system at eye level along with a 2nd level consisting of various size tanks above it. There would also be several 'fish rooms' where every wall of the room was a big aquarium. The house would be designed with behind the tanks accessways for the fish crew to work on the tanks.. there'd also be a covered 'pools porch' with a bunch of swimming pools for pond fish like koi and plecos.

Neville

Yeah, i've got the same problem, don't have enough space to keep another tank .

Sabi
Hah! checkout the votes!! There's not ONE 'no'!
I got my second tank recently, not a big one i'm afraid (not much space or money) and had to make the beds back into bunks so I could fit the tank in my bedroom!
Its true, MTS is really infectious!!

tan.b
tan.b
What kind of goofy question is that!?  OF COURSE I would!  In fact...I am working on a 3rd tank right now and I don't have either the money OR the space!   ;D
lol! glad to hear it!! don't go bankrupt though! these tanks should come with government warnings on them!!!

tan.b
when you win the lottery i'd love to come and see that! that sounds fab!! hire timg to build it for you!! and dino to stock it!! - i'd come and clean them....just so I could watch and enjoy!!!

tan.b
I got my second tank recently, not a big one i'm afraid (not much space or money) and had to make the beds back into bunks so I could fit the tank in my bedroom!
loL!! you still have beds then!! that's good.....they'll be traded in before long for more tanks!!! watch out for that nxt stage of mts!!

tan.b
someone's voted now for "no"....who did that and why?! we like explanations too!!!!

COBettaCouple
someone voted NO?? how could they? they must be sick and need fish counselling..

Sabi
someone's voted now for "no"....who did that and why?! we like explanations too!!!!
Yeah, please explain.

loL!! you still have beds then!! that's good.....they'll be traded in before long for more tanks!!! watch out for that nxt stage of mts!!
LOL!! ;D

tan.b
own up....who was it?!!! we'll counsel you through the moment of madness we'll forgive you if you get 2 more tanks!!!

Muffymouse
Now its 2 no's. I couldn't believe it. If I had all the money and space. I totally would get more tanks. Plans are in the works for a new tank but it will be some time gotta save for the computer (husband's deal first computer, then new tank, then new sword for him) gotta make my deals where I can get them I guess. am also limited because the apt managers are picky about how big I can go before massive deposit time :-\ Ah well such is the life, and how I love it ;D

COBettaCouple
2 NO's!! ok, this is crazy.. don't they know the "no" was just there for looks?

Joy44
I just got a 29 gal fish tank two months ago. I can't believe how much fun my fish are and have since set up a 5 gal for baby platy and have acquired a 20 gal and 10 gal that I am anxious to get up and running. I think I may be addicted ;D!!!

COBettaCouple
yes.. I think it's safe to say that Joy44 is another happy victI'm of MTS!

capekate
hahah... love all the responses. ;D
My MTS started with a thrift store 10 gallon set up for 5 dollars, when I decided it was too small to set up I went and bought a 29 gallon set up at a LFS. From there, another tank, a 2.5 seaclear with set up for 5 dollars (thrift store find). Then I used the original 10 gallon set up for two bettas. The 2.5 for one female betta, and the 29 gallon is my community tank. Saturday was a good day for yardsales, only after I found a 10 gallon and set up for 10 bucks. Now I need the filter media and will start to cycle that tank as soon as I find a place for it. Am I through yet? nooooo way!! hahaha...

tan.b
hahah... love all the responses.  ;D
My MTS started with a thrift store 10 gallon set up for 5 dollars, when I decided it was too small to set up I went and bought a 29 gallon set up at a LFS. From there, another tank, a 2.5 seaclear with set up for 5 dollars (thrift store find). Then I used the original 10 gallon set up for two bettas. The 2.5 for one female betta, and the 29 gallon is my community tank. Saturday was a good day for yardsales, only after I found a 10 gallon and set up for 10 bucks. Now I need the filter media and will start to cycle that tank as soon as I find a place for it. Am I through yet? nooooo way!! hahaha... 
def mts with you too!! they are sooooooooo addictive!

tan.b
I am VERY surprised at the 2 no's! I didnt think anyone would actually choose it! just goes to show how surprising poll results can be!! yes flbettacouple...it was just for show.....I never expected anyone to press it! maybe they selected by accident and meant to press yes?!!! :-\ ???

COBettaCouple
I am VERY surprised at the 2 no's! I didnt think anyone would actually choose it! just goes to show how surprising poll results can be!! yes flbettacouple...it was just for show.....I never expected anyone to press it! maybe they selected by accident and meant to press yes?!!! :-\ ???

yea, I think those have to be accidental.. or they were just kidding.. :

Bonochick
I voted no.

I have one tank, and I love it so much.  I love watching my fish and taking care of them.  However, I have a lot of other interests in my life as well, and I wouldn't want to get more tanks than I could handle. It's not fair to the fish.

COBettaCouple
I voted no.

I have one tank, and I love it so much. I love watching my fish and taking care of them. However, I have a lot of other interests in my life as well, and I wouldn't want to get more tanks than I could handle. It's not fair to the fish.

but you could have the money to hire a service to do the work and just enjoy the fish with unlimited money & space.

Bonochick
but you could have the money to hire a service to do the work and just enjoy the fish with unlimited money & space.

But then if I had strange people in my house, my dogs would bark and cause trouble the whole time, and it would just be annoying.

Besides, speaking of the dogs...I think they're already jealous enough of the one tank, I can't imagine if there were more. :

tan.b
Besides, speaking of the dogs...I think they're already jealous enough of the one tank, I can't imagine if there were more.     :   
lol!! you'd have to sneek the tank and fish in when the dogs aren't looking and put them in a room where the dogs don't go!! top secret!!

Sabi
lol! Or you could always act like you don't care about the fish infront of them!

vin
If it were up tp me, half of the den would be one large tank.....However a marriage is a partnership and my wife is putting the squash on it.....

Bonochick
Sometimes, when I go to feed the fish, my yellow lab lays down in front of the tank stand...which blocks the doors to the cabinet that has the fish food. I think she's jealous because I feed them first.

COBettaCouple
Sometimes, when I go to feed the fish, my yellow lab lays down in front of the tank stand...which blocks the doors to the cabinet that has the fish food. I think she's jealous because I feed them first.

lol.. now that's a dog! I love it!

sgould
I don't know about the dog, but if my cat had unlimited money and space SHE would have another tank too! She is obsessesed!

vin
The back of my cabinet is open to allow for hoses, wires etc...I keep the food in a box with a lid....Well, my two ferrets love to get into the cabinet...The other day I went looking for the algae wafers.....Nowhere in the cabinet to be found....Well, I got to thinking about where they hide everything else....And lo and behold, there they were, right under the sofa where they love to hide their toys, any toy of my son's that they can carry, a sock, the cat's toys and a stash of their food!!!

It's actually pretty funny to watch them try to carry a slipper across the room and try to drag it under the sofa!! They say that ferrets take things from those they favor....I guess the cat, my son and the fish are OK in their book!!

Dino
I have over 130 aquaria set up, another 70 sitting in my yard without water and a dozen or so not set up, that are stored at my house.

In the past 3 weeks I have moved a 1000 gallon pond to my property and am moving a 2000 gallon pond here next Monday.

I sure am glad I have control of the hobby and not the other way around.

Luniyn
I have over 130 aquaria set up, another 70 sitting in my yard without water and a dozen or so not set up, that are stored at my house.
Any of those 70 that you feel are just taking up space... feel free to store them at my house!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jackkelly
Replies
Views
RayClem