Funny Would You Ever Get A Fish Tattoo?

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
I'm in a few crested gecko/reptile groups on Facebook, and a lot of them (okay maybe not a lot but I've seen more than 5) have tattoos of geckos or gecko feet on them. So I got to thinking, being part of this hobby, have you seen anyone with a fish tattoo? Would you get one?

I personally wouldn't, I have 1 tattoo with words but I don't think I would put a fish on my body forever lol. But you never know.

Giul

Well Known
ValerieAdams said:
I'm in a few crested gecko/reptile groups on Facebook, and a lot of them (okay maybe not a lot but I've seen more than 5) have tattoos of geckos or gecko feet on them. So I got to thinking, being part of this hobby, have you seen anyone with a fish tattoo? Would you get one?

I personally wouldn't, I have 1 tattoo with words but I don't think I would put a fish on my body forever lol. But you never know.
I wouldn’t but I have seen someone with the most beautiful koI tattoo. I should’ve gotten a picture because it was almost the size of their entire forearm and could’ve been to scale

WinterSoldier.

Well Known
I would. Maybe a betta in black and blue. I also considered getting something in Indonesian on my arm. And I would also like to get an anchor on my wrist and maybe a couple or rings lol

OP
ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
WTFish? said:
I’m debating on an octopus tattoo down my arm.
Black & white or color?
Sean Garland said:
If I ever got a forearm tattoo (and I most likely won't) it would be a koI fish.
Maybe a little weird, but your profile picture looks like someone I know haha

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
I seldom ever say never. After all never is a very long time but in this case I will say Never, nope, no way no how. Not even a itty bitty one well hidden.

OP
ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
CanadianJoeh said:
Yes I am currently considering one for my arm:
Is that a cartoon version of an actual fish? Or just a made up one? Either way it looks cool

OP
ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
AquaticJ said:
I never knew you were #tatted Valerie
Haha, it's just a tiny one on my foot. Like 3-4 inches long and it's just words. I do want more but me & pain don't really like each other:hilarious:

Guanchy

Well Known
I would get a tattoo of nemo behind my ear... NOT. Totally kidding but I would never get a tattoo of a fish unless its something like this
00707fca84d1385a2a91e1c0f77fa3a2.jpg

but like a small all black betta

MomeWrath

Well Known
I have a stingray tattoo that's about 10" from snout to tail tip... my husband has a hammerhead tattoo and a dolphin that I drew for him, I drew a shark tattoo for someone many years ago. So I guess if you consider those "fish" (not the dolphin duh) then it's not so strange to think. And koI tattoos are amazing. I used to know a person who had two giant koI tattoos.

WTFish?

Well Known
Magicpenny75 said:
I have a stingray tattoo that's about 10" from snout to tail tip... my husband has a hammerhead tattoo and a dolphin that I drew for him, I drew a shark tattoo for someone many years ago. So I guess if you consider those "fish" (not the dolphin duh) then it's not so strange to think. And koI tattoos are amazing. I used to know a person who had two giant koI tattoos.
My hubs has a shark with a foot hanging out of his mouth. Lol

Guanchy

Well Known
CanadianJoeh said:
I don't understand what people's aversion is to tattoos lol
I personally don't have an issue with it as long as its done in moderation and tastefully. But again, what's tasteful to me its not what's tasteful to someone else.

OP
ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Dawn Michele said:
Would you put a bumper sticker on a Rolls Royce???
CanadianJoeh said:
I don't understand what people's aversion is to tattoos lol
Guanchy said:
I personally don't have an issue with it as long as its done in moderation and tastefully. But again, what's tasteful to me its not what's tasteful to someone else.
I say to each their own. Do what makes yourself happy. Let's do keep this lighthearted though and not start anything

WTFish?

Well Known
Dawn Michele said:
IM sorry if I made anyone upset with what I said.
Oh I have tattoos and thought your comment was hilarious! I love it, no offense here

OP
ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Dawn Michele said:
IM sorry if I made anyone upset with what I said.
Didn't upset me, I just don't want anyone making mountains out of mole hills. You know how the internet can be sometimes haha. I don't think you ever upset anyone Dawn

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
My girlfriend has a bunch of tattoos, I love them, but I'm afraid that if I get one I’ll regret it

Dawn Michele

Well Known
WTFish? said:
Oh I have tattoos and thought your comment was hilarious! I love it, no offense here
Oh good IM glad!!!

ValerieAdams said:
Didn't upset me, I just don't want anyone making mountains out of mole hills. You know how the internet can be sometimes haha. I don't think you ever upset anyone Dawn
Thanks Valerie!!! I try not to!!!

Iboughtmykidfish

Well Known
Dawn Michele said:
I guess it's just a matter of perspective.. You think bumper sticker, I think custom paint job

Btw, I have tattoos, but none that I can't easily cover with clothes if I feel the need. For job purposes.

Also, I would totally get a fish tattoo. I live in florida, by the beach. Most people I know, who are tattooed, have some form of fish or aquatic themed tattoo. Its in our blood, lol.

Guanchy

Well Known
Donovan Jones said:
I wanna cover my arms in a planted tank scene lol. It'll have heterandria Formosa and a paradise gourami...well, more like 3...one for each of the ones I've had lol
umm how many gallons?? lol would they be big enough for the fish to have room to swim? :woot:

Jamelie

I only regret mine because I had a **** tattoo artist so if you get one, get a good artist
20181015_194421.jpg

WTFish?

Well Known
Jamelie said:
I only regret mine because I had a tattoo artist so if you get one, get a good artist
20181015_194421.jpg
I think it’s very nice, and more work or color could easily be added to this!

ElectricBlueCrawfish1

Man, I would totally get a fish tattoo on my arm if I wasn't 14! Guess that is why u have to be 21 to get a tattoo. Or I would do a crawfish tattoo, I have an electric blue crawfish and that would be dope on my my hand!

fish 321

Well Known
I totally would get one it would be a picture of dory and it would say keep on swimming... Just kidding I don't think I would ever get a fish tatoo.

Jamelie

WTFish? said:
I think it’s very nice, and more work or color could easily be added to this!
That's what I wanttodo but ispoke to another tsttoo rtst and hd said it's too dark to work with. The picture I attached is what I was supposed to get. It's a bit more feminine
20181015_192626.jpg

WTFish?

Well Known
Jamelie said:
That's what I wanttodo but ispoke to another tsttoo rtst and hd said it's too dark to work with. The picture I attached is what I was supposed to get. It's a bit more feminine
20181015_192626.jpg
That’s very pretty. Get a second opinion... again though, I like yours.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Absolutely!! All I need is an awesome artist to draw me up a super awesome angelfish tattoo!!!! I've been dreaming about it for a long time!

I can't decide if I want to do a photo realistic angel. Maybe even off a photo of one of my own Angels?? Or maybe a tribal angel? Or black and grey realism? A single angel? Or multiple angels?

I WILL have an angelfish tattoo one day. The only thing delaying me is that I want to find a really good artist to do it for me. And decide where to put it!!! I like to keep my tattoos in places I can easily cover if needed.

Jamelie

bizaliz3 said:
Absolutely!! All I need is an awesome artist to draw me up a super awesome angelfish tattoo!!!! I've been dreaming about it for a long time!

I can't decide if I want to do a photo realistic angel. Maybe even off a photo of one of my own Angels?? Or maybe a tribal angel? Or black and grey realism? A single angel? Or multiple angels?

I WILL have an angelfish tattoo one day. The only thing delaying me is that I want to find a really good artist to do it for me. And decide where to put it!!! I like to keep my tattoos in places I can easily cover if needed.
I want to get my pea puffers tattooed! Good luck finding an artist

CanadianJoeh

Well Known
Jamelie said:
I only regret mine because I had a tattoo artist so if you get one, get a good artist
20181015_194421.jpg
Hey the lines are done. Ask around on Facebook and find yourself a good artist. He/she will ask you all sorts of questions on your project and will either fix the faded lines or transform your tattoo! Good artists can really work some magic.

Fishcat

Well Known
Dawn Michele said:
At this point, it would be more like duct tape covering up the holes in the bumper, for me.
Most everybody at work is younger than me and they all have tattoos. At some point in between when I was young and now, tattoos got very mainstream. I probably won’t ever get one myself but it’s pretty cool seeing what they decide to get.
I explained computer punch cards to one of them the other day. I am an old person now.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
I’m not against tattoos and a fish tat would be cool, but there’s a good chance I’d pass out while getting one done. I’m not a wuss, I can take the sight of blood and gore but needles are a no-go.

New Threads