atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes

Brut

Reaction score
Nice, after i recyle im gotta start a tank with them. how many you think i can get?

rams get like 3 inches
angels 6?
festivum 6?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
err, not sure on festivums, rams I think 2:1 ration not sure on it and angels I would stick with a mated pair and then get some tetras or a pleco or some sor of catfish or schooling fish. Maybe butterfly can tell you about the rams or you can google it.

Austin

Somethingfishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
sorry to butt in on this post but I was wondering if this would work...

2 Blue Rams, would they be compatible with gouramis? Maybe add some tetras like red/black phantoms, bleeding heart, black neon or diamond??

For the bottom, I'd want like a lobster or something with a shell so it can protect itself... (still researching).
tell me what you guys think, What my main concern is that I'm just limited on size.

I knew I should have bought the 55 gal. tank.

Regards

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
XThisDayWakesX said:
For the bottom, I'd want like a lobster or something with a shell so it can protect itself...
I know that a lobster could possibly think the little tetras are food and possibly eat them. You don't want that.
Tom

Somethingfishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
hmm... what would you recommend...(with options) for the entire set up with the rams? Should i get a cat fish or not get tetras?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is this all for your 29 gal tank?
Tom

Somethingfishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
well not totally, I didn't know what all was compatible... just on the tetras and the guaramis with the rams and the algea eater... either lobster or something....

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
XThisDayWakesX said:
Should i get a cat fish or not get tetras?
I have had no experience with rams so I'm not the person to ask about that. Sorry. And the reason I said no lobster is because most tetras are all over the tank and could be easy food for the lobster.
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wow just a little hijacking a thread, anyways rams are bottom fish and lobsters get large unless you mean a crawfish?

Brut

Reaction score
hijacking is stupid lol any way im still in the process of washing everything. but i am sticking with the rams and maybe some blushing angels. and some colorful schooling fish

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That would work great, pair of angels, rams, and you could have a couple different schools of fish, talk to butterfly on rams though.

atm

Brut

Reaction score
What if i added a school of tiger barbs? Do they get really big? in the sdtore there like 2 inches

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
2.5" usually, there round fish, but there NIPPY fish, commonly called bas#$rds because you need a fish that can stand up against them.

atm

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom