2 Gallon Tank Would This Work?

Princethepurplebetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey guys. My sister gave me her unwanted 2.5gallon. Could I use it for shrimp? I have sand and a spongefilter so far. What plants do you guys reccomend? How many blue shrimp will work in it with out it being too many?

nanofishneeded

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It would work in terms of physical space, but once you get down to tank sizes beneath 5 gallons, the water parameters get a bit trickier to keep stable. If that's a risk you're willing to take though then I don't see why not

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Princethepurplebetta said:
Hey guys. My sister gave me her unwanted 2.5gallon. Could I use it for shrimp? I have sand and a spongefilter so far. What plants do you guys reccomend? How many blue shrimp will work in it with out it being too many?
Java/christmas moss, subwassertang, java fern, anubias, marimo balls, and floating plants work really well.

Cycle and mature the tank for at least a month so the water is stable and there is enough biofilm for the shrimp to eat. Keeping parameters stable in small tanks is challenging but not too difficult.

You could start with 10-20 blue dreams.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I assume you mean neocaridina
Lots of dwarf blue shrimp... Well, like three or four species.
They're expensive, so start with ten or so, and they'll regulate their own population. Definitely doable, but keeping them is not the same as keeping shrimp

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom