Would This Work? 2 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by Princethepurplebetta, Apr 22, 2019.

1. PrincethepurplebettaWell Known MemberMember

Hey guys. My sister gave me her unwanted 2.5gallon. Could i use it for shrimp? I have sand and a spongefilter so far. What plants do you guys reccomend? How many blue shrimp will work in it with out it being too many?

2. nanofishneededValued MemberMember

It would work in terms of physical space, but once you get down to tank sizes beneath 5 gallons, the water parameters get a bit trickier to keep stable. If that's a risk you're willing to take though then I don't see why not

3. FahnFishlore VIPMember

Java/christmas moss, subwassertang, java fern, anubias, marimo balls, and floating plants work really well.

Cycle and mature the tank for at least a month so the water is stable and there is enough biofilm for the shrimp to eat. Keeping parameters stable in small tanks is challenging but not too difficult.

You could start with 10-20 blue dreams.

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I assume you mean neocaridina ;)
    Lots of dwarf blue shrimp... Well, like three or four species.
    They're expensive, so start with ten or so, and they'll regulate their own population. Definitely doable, but keeping them is not the same as keeping shrimp

5. XionitexValued MemberMember

Some hardy plants like java fern

6. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Mines just a 5 gal stuffed with Hornwort and a sponge filter. They love climbing around in the Hornwort.

Attached Files: