would this work for a 30 gal?

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I currently have a metal stand for a 30 gallon fish tank, so I am going to buy a 30 gal, probably this weekend. I am getting a 55 but I want to use that one for an oscar or a dempsey but I still find myself wanting a pair of angelfish. Could I keep 2 of them in a 30 gallon tank and add more to it? I would only want to add 3 bottom dwellers,definately yoyo loaches.

Jimold

Well Known
Reaction score
2 angels should be OK in a 30 gallon I think. They get big, but nowhere near as big as an oscar. Try and find a tall tank, they like tall tanks.

sgould

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yup...with the stock level you are talking about you should be fine with a 30.

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It would appear as though I made a mistake. The stand is for a 29 or 37 gallon. So I am going with the 37 gallon. This would be better since they like taller tanks.

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hI gamer, angels grow up to 6 inches. u can keep more than 2 in a 37 gallon.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, a 37 gallon tall tank is great for Angels. You probably could keep 3 Angels in there, but I personally would go with 2 only. This is because if 2 of them pair up, the 3rd one will be rejected by them and they even may hurt it during breeding times, as well as bother it a lot.

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think I'll keep 2, probably veil angels, along with 4 yoyo loaches that will dwell on the bottom and possibly have 2-3 more tank mates but I'd have no idea what. I am liking rainbows lately though..

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Rainbows are very beautiful and I also want them, but not now (in the future, when I have some 150 - 200 gallon tank, lol). I don't want to discourage you but I think they need a bigger tank than only 30 gallons. And perhaps with 2 Angels, 4 yo-yo loaches, plus 2-3 other fish (depending on their adult size), the tank would be overstocked. But it's up to you, it's just my advice. Good luck

P.S. I assume you've meant rainbows like Boseman's rainbow, yes?

OP
Gamer

Gamer

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nevermind.

I am going to use the 55 I am getting for angels and rainbows and a few yoyo's. That should be enough room for a few of all. I may get a 37 later on and put the stand I have to use but as of right now my main concern is the 55 and since I'm wanting angels so badly, I'll add a few of them to that.

I am going to hold off on the oscar until I get a least a 75 (probably by the end of the year) and my next buy will be the angelfish. Still haven't decided what ones yet but I like the veils and laces.

New Threads