would this work for a 30 gal?

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I currently have a metal stand for a 30 gallon fish tank, so I am going to buy a 30 gal, probably this weekend. I am getting a 55 but I want to use that one for an oscar or a dempsey but I still find myself wanting a pair of angelfish. Could I keep 2 of them in a 30 gallon tank and add more to it? I would only want to add 3 bottom dwellers,definately yoyo loaches.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
2 angels should be OK in a 30 gallon I think. They get big, but nowhere near as big as an oscar. Try and find a tall tank, they like tall tanks.

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yup...with the stock level you are talking about you should be fine with a 30.

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It would appear as though I made a mistake. The stand is for a 29 or 37 gallon. So I am going with the 37 gallon. This would be better since they like taller tanks.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi gamer, angels grow up to 6 inches. u can keep more than 2 in a 37 gallon.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, a 37 gallon tall tank is great for Angels. You probably could keep 3 Angels in there, but I personally would go with 2 only. This is because if 2 of them pair up, the 3rd one will be rejected by them and they even may hurt it during breeding times, as well as bother it a lot.

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think I'll keep 2, probably veil angels, along with 4 yoyo loaches that will dwell on the bottom and possibly have 2-3 more tank mates but I'd have no idea what. I am liking rainbows lately though..

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Rainbows are very beautiful and I also want them, but not now (in the future, when I have some 150 - 200 gallon tank, lol). I don't want to discourage you but I think they need a bigger tank than only 30 gallons. And perhaps with 2 Angels, 4 yo-yo loaches, plus 2-3 other fish (depending on their adult size), the tank would be overstocked. But it's up to you, it's just my advice. Good luck

P.S. I assume you've meant rainbows like Boseman's rainbow, yes?

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nevermind.

I am going to use the 55 I am getting for angels and rainbows and a few yoyo's. That should be enough room for a few of all. I may get a 37 later on and put the stand I have to use but as of right now my main concern is the 55 and since I'm wanting angels so badly, I'll add a few of them to that.

I am going to hold off on the oscar until I get a least a 75 (probably by the end of the year) and my next buy will be the angelfish. Still haven't decided what ones yet but I like the veils and laces.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom