Would this work? 29gallon aquarium

1. Anthony10 Member Member

Here's my final?(Hopefully) stocking list!:

5 Zebra Danios
    6 Hatchetfish
    1 Bristlenose pleco OR a small school of Cories? What one?

Some Questions:

1) How is the stocking situation?

2) Overstocked?

3) Also, any easy plants that could go in this aquarium? I have a "Mondo grass" from when I kept Chinese Red-belly Newts with 3 Zebra Danios.

4) Any inverts/tank cleaners?

-Anthony

2. JeffK Well Known Member Member

I think you could go with that stocking. I like to have some bottom dwellers, but that's just me. You don't have enough room for a corry school, but you could probably add a bristle nose pleco to what you've already listed.

3. Anthony10 Member Member

Ok, might look into a bottom dweller/pleco if I have the space then! Thanks for your input!

-Anthony

4. atc84 Well Known Member Member

snails are nice, mystery snails you have to buy but you can come across tons of different snails if you introduce them through eggs on plants or if they breed in your tank.

easy plants like java fern, anubias, java moss are really common. With the right lighting, water sprite, anacharis, ludwigia all don't need anything else, while crypts, jungle vals, and swords require a special substrate or root tabs.

5. TKDennison Member Member

Mystery snails are my favorite aquarium dweller to date. They have so much personality. I have 20 total

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Anthony10 Member Member

Wow! That's a lot of snails! Has anyone tried apple snails?

-Anthony

7. Anthony10 Member Member

Alright, so, decided that the guppies would go in my 10gal for the breeder tank! I guess that it frees up a little room? Could I do a school of Cories? I found some spotted today at my lfs and I instantly fell in love! Their so cute! Anyways, what would you go with, 1 Albino Bristlenose or a school of Cories?!

-Anthony

8. Anthony10 Member Member

Sorry not spotted, lol! I think they were sturba or false juili cories!

-Anthony

9. atc84 Well Known Member Member

yeah a small school of cories sounds good, go for it. :)

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

For me it has to be corys, a group of 6 will be fine

11. JeffK Well Known Member Member

Now you can get some cories!

12. Anthony10 Member Member

Actually, a change of plans has happened... I'm tired now so I'll tell tomorrow!

-Anthony