Would this stocking work?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by FishTankNewbie, Jul 28, 2015.

1. FishTankNewbie

FishTankNewbie New Member Member

I have recently fish cycling my 15 gallon long planted tank. Now it's time for the best part - STOCKING!!!!!
    I have recently become very interested in tiger barbs, just love the way they look and act, and I would like to have 6 of those, along 6 celestial pearl danios (LFS just got some :) and 1 or 2 honey gourami.
    i realize that this May look rather crowded and I would like to know your opinions!!! I heard tiger barbs can be aggressive so I would also like to know if they are compatible :D.
    thank you in advance for your help!!!
    Matt

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Tiger barbs would not work in a 15 gallon because they are semi-aggressive. The only thing you could really do is the 6 CPD's and a honey gourami.

3. lbonini1

lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

I would recommend Tiger Barbs in a larger tank as they CAN be aggressive and if I know anything about Danios is that they need a lot of space to swim around and a 15 seems a little small. I'd recommend a 20 long.

Again, I'm no expert on any of those fish but I'm fairly certain you'd be overstocked...

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Celestial pearl danios are the only danios that work in a tank this size because they are small enough. Other danios like zebra danios would not work, however.

5. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Yep, nix the tiger barbs,is your tank 24" x 12" x 12" ? You could have 6-8 CPD & a honey gourami. A large school of Tiger barbs are so cool in a 48" or longer.

6. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

I would also say CPD and honey gourami. The CPDs can be a bit shy - the more you have, the more secure they feel, so I'd say 8x CPD and 1x Honey Gourami

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice