Would this stocking work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishTankNewbie

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have recently fish cycling my 15 gallon long planted tank. Now it's time for the best part - STOCKING!!!!!
I have recently become very interested in tiger barbs, just love the way they look and act, and I would like to have 6 of those, along 6 celestial pearl danios (LFS just got some and 1 or 2 honey gourami.
i realize that this May look rather crowded and I would like to know your opinions!!! I heard tiger barbs can be aggressive so I would also like to know if they are compatible .
thank you in advance for your help!!!
Matt

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tiger barbs would not work in a 15 gallon because they are semi-aggressive. The only thing you could really do is the 6 CPD's and a honey gourami.

lbonini1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would recommend Tiger Barbs in a larger tank as they CAN be aggressive and if I know anything about Danios is that they need a lot of space to swim around and a 15 seems a little small. I'd recommend a 20 long.

Again, I'm no expert on any of those fish but I'm fairly certain you'd be overstocked...

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would recommend Tiger Barbs in a larger tank as they CAN be aggressive and if I know anything about Danios is that they need a lot of space to swim around and a 15 seems a little small. I'd recommend a 20 long.

Again, I'm no expert on any of those fish but I'm fairly certain you'd be overstocked...
Celestial pearl danios are the only danios that work in a tank this size because they are small enough. Other danios like zebra danios would not work, however.

Et tu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep, nix the tiger barbs,is your tank 24" x 12" x 12" ? You could have 6-8 CPD & a honey gourami. A large school of Tiger barbs are so cool in a 48" or longer.

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would also say CPD and honey gourami. The CPDs can be a bit shy - the more you have, the more secure they feel, so I'd say 8x CPD and 1x Honey Gourami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom