Would This Configuration Work For My Azoo 60?

ap4lmtree

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just now got my azoo 60. It is rather small. For this configuration, I took out the divider that was in the middle between the two main compartments. Then, I put a sponge in the middle n the filtering compartment, so there is room in front and behind the sponge. Then, I put a biomax bag on top. The biomax bag is an aquaclear 20 or 30. I am not sure of the size because I got the cheaper fluval spec size for a dollar less. If this isn't a good configuration, then I might return these four azoo 60s I got to get four azoo 150s instead because there is hardly any room in these small things.

iqQhfhU.jpg

5PlFJYM.jpg

yawh6ap.jpg

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ap4lmtree said:
I just now got my azoo 60. It is rather small. For this configuration, I took out the divider that was in the middle between the two main compartments. Then, I put a sponge in the middle n the filtering compartment, so there is room in front and behind the sponge. Then, I put a biomax bag on top. The biomax bag is an aquaclear 20 or 30. I am not sure of the size because I got the cheaper fluval spec size for a dollar less. If this isn't a good configuration, then I might return these four azoo 60s I got to get four azoo 150s instead because there is hardly any room in these small things.

iqQhfhU.jpg

5PlFJYM.jpg

yawh6ap.jpg
What size tanks did you get these for again? 2.5 gallon and 5 gallon? You are running these with sponge filters, right? These should work fine.
You need the ceramic media to be in the bottom of the filter, completely submerged. Sponges mainly function to catch debris coming from the tank. Try putting the divider back in (or use sponge as the divider) and put sponges and ceramic in one of the two configurations. You can only fit what will fit in the filter. Getting a bigger filter would give you more room for more media, but why? You only need enough surface area to grow bacteria for tiny tanks with minimal stocking. You don't need more media than what fits in the filter especially since you'll be running sponge filters too, right?
20191007_213710.jpg 20191007_213834.jpg 20191007_213849.jpg

New Threads