Would This Be Overstocked For A 20 Gallon Long?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Brand, Apr 18, 2017.

1. B

Brand New Member Member

Hi,
    In a moderately planted 20 gallon long tank would 8 male Endlers, 3 male fancy guppies and 9 harlequin rasboras be overstocked.? It will also have red cherry shrimp and 2 nerite snails.
    Thank you

2. cjbart1009

cjbart1009 Valued Member Member

What filtration are you using?

3. OP
    OP
    B

Brand New Member Member

It is an Aqueon 30 internal filter. (not a hang on the back). There are no fish in there yet. Just water, substrate, a heater and the filter. Adding some plants later today and then this weekend I plan on adding the 3 fancy guppies with Tetra Safe start and media from another established tank, to cycle it.

4. cjbart1009

Yeah you can do that for a week and check water parameters daily. I wouldn't add that many guppies maybe 4 endlers and 3 guppies with the rasboras.

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I think your planned stocking would be fine!

6. cjbart1009

Are you planning to breed the shrimp?

7. OP
    OP
    B

Brand New Member Member

The shrimp are currently in a 10 gallon with the 8 endlers. There are about 20-25 of them. I think there is no choice but to have them breed :), They seem unstoppable when it comes to reproducing.

8. TexasDomer

They won't overstock the tank though :)

9. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

The stock is fine

10. cjbart1009

Oh not worried about the shrimp overstocking. I'm just worried about the shrimplets that'll get eaten :(

11. TexasDomer

The guppies and rasbora may eat some of the very small shrimplets, but you can help by providing lots of live plants like moss for them to hide in.

12. cjbart1009

That could work. Tried it with neons. They were still able to get to all the shrimplets. Oh well at least they had a good treat.

13. OP
    OP
    B

Brand New Member Member

I'm ok with the little ones getting eaten. Otherwise I will be overrun with shrimp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice