Would This Be Overstocked For A 20 Gallon Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi,
In a moderately planted 20 gallon long tank would 8 male Endlers, 3 male fancy guppies and 9 harlequin rasboras be overstocked.? It will also have red cherry shrimp and 2 nerite snails.
Thank you

OP
B

Brand

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It is an Aqueon 30 internal filter. (not a hang on the back). There are no fish in there yet. Just water, substrate, a heater and the filter. Adding some plants later today and then this weekend I plan on adding the 3 fancy guppies with Tetra Safe start and media from another established tank, to cycle it.

cjbart1009

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can do that for a week and check water parameters daily. I wouldn't add that many guppies maybe 4 endlers and 3 guppies with the rasboras.

OP
B

Brand

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The shrimp are currently in a 10 gallon with the 8 endlers. There are about 20-25 of them. I think there is no choice but to have them breed , They seem unstoppable when it comes to reproducing.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The guppies and rasbora may eat some of the very small shrimplets, but you can help by providing lots of live plants like moss for them to hide in.

OP
B

Brand

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm ok with the little ones getting eaten. Otherwise I will be overrun with shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom