Would this be ok....

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is another one I found on Ebay, He's a breeder, but he's not breeding this one because he's not the right colors. I think he's gorgeous, don't you think? I love his coloring.

He's only 3.5 months old! Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think he is beautiful and so UNIQUE. What does he mean not the right color....he is lovely. And he is a Combtail and they are very valuable.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He's they aren't the color's he's working with. He has a purple and red one too and selling it for the same reason. He must only be working with certain colors.

Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, now you have done it....I bid on another halfmoon and I was not going to do that.  I love both the fish you have listed and they are such unique colors...I am so glad that he is offering them instead of just ditching them as undesirable.

I knew as bad as I was feeling about not getting Andy now I should not go there but it is done and now I am already thinking of names....SHEESH!

If I get him I think he will be NAT after guess who..????

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So, does that you'll be naming him after me? ???

Sorry, didn't mean to start something with you, I've been just looking around for myself.

I got an email back from the one that I should in the first picture. I asked her about willing to work with me as far as shipping him if I won him and receiving him on a Saturday. She said that she could hold him for me until the following Thursday and ship him out that Thursday and I could get him on Saturday as long as I live in the vicinity for a 2 day period. If not she can overnight him for me. But that wold be 35.00 and it's 20 for 2 day shipping. I don't know. There are 3 or 4 days left on it. I think 3 days left on it. I'm just going to keep an eye out on it. I really like him though. He is a beauty indeed.

I saw the one you were betting on. What a beauty!! Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes that means that he would be named after you since you were the one that indirectly introduced us... ;D I haven't got him yet and I do not know if I can win the auction as the ones like him generally go for a lot. You didn't make me do anything but I am a terrible softie when I see a betta that I think I would love to have. I will have tanks hanging from the ceiling before long. ;D

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
All of those bettas are beautiful! It would be hard not to buy one of them if I had the money. ;D

CherryRose

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
The pics are great to look at.  I'd be concerned, though, ordering a live animal whose safe delivery depended on UPS or USPS.  Some of the items we take delivery of look like they have taken a beating.

Mike

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I would hope that since it's a live animal that they would take special care with it. I haven't definitely decided I'm going to bid on himyet. I'm just watching him right now. If i do decide to bid on one of them it's definietly going to be the lavendar one. I"ve never seen a betta with that coloring before and it's just such a beautiful color. I have no idea what I would name him though. I might need help with that. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Post Office always sends a special mailman for me when I get a fish. He does not stay in the Post Office or ride around in a truck and the vendors have always had them very well and heavily packed. It is really neat the way that Live Aquaria.com sends their fish, in a tiny little styrofoam cooler just the right size for them. It is well made and very heavy and well insulated. I love them and keep them in case I ever need to ship something that needs temperature control. They also use the same thing to ship their Bio-spira. Cute.

I heard from miami aquariums today and they have had trouble with a water problem damaging their place and home and are in the process of moving EVERYTHING as most of their stock was killed with the flooding or what ever the water problem was. I guess I can come off it and give them the benefit of the doubt. They are now officially forgiven..

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that they got back to you and had a legitmate reason why they couldn't before. Ihope Andy wasn't one of the ones that were killed. Did they say? I'm glad that you forgave them. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They were going to check on him but I told them I was going to cancel the order if he couldn't be sent soon. It makes me very nervous to have anyone else taking care of my fish. I will still get fish from them but I want them after I buy them even if I have to pay the extra for FedEx delivery.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah, I don't blame you. You know that lavender Betta I showed you. I've been watching it. There's 2 people bidding on it now. > I was really wanting him, but I don't want to pay an arm and leg for him. I guess I'll just keep watching him. If it gets too high then I'll get the other one that I'm watching. There's one that I could just by right out, but it's $18.00 with $25.00 shipping.Plus it's a halfmoon and I really have my heart set on a crowntail this time. It is beautiful though.

Ohhh, I just checked the lavender one and the other person must've retracted their bid because it's back down to just one now. ;D Did you win that red Betta?
Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
7 hours yet but the bidding is up to $31.00 and I am still ahead...I know I am nuts. He is coming from Thailand and I will be a nervous wreck...I may have to make JT (the human) take this one as he made me take the other little guy although he cannot have HIM back ... I have fallen in love with him (the betta).

Do I have everyone confused yet? ;D

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Have you found out how much the local shipping would be once it get's into the united States? That's is a bit much. I don't mind paying the 36.00 dollars, but it would all depend on how much the extra shipping would be too. Oh wait you don't pay the 5 dollars shipping the seller does, you only pay the local shipping once it get's into the U.S., right? ??? I'm so confused. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No unfortunately, it will be $31.00 for the fish, $5.00 for the shipment to the US, and then $28.00 for the shipment from the transshipper to me. $64.00 total

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sheesh!! You are nuts! LOL I know you love your betta's though so it's worth it. Natalie

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Having fish=being nuts. hehehehehehehe ;D

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes I know but I do not have an entertainment budget as I am disabled and at home all the time so I use what I would ordinarily spend on doing things on the fish and my regular expenses are not that much so, why not? I do not plan on buying any more fish for a LONG TIME...

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom