Would this be enough for a planted tank? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Alcmiller, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

Hey guys, I've been looking into different light fixtures and have come to the conclusion that if I'm going to keep a planted 10 gallon tank with some high light requiring plants, I'm going to have to create my own lighting fixture.

I'm going to do my best to replicate this DIY PVC lighting thing here https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/diy-do-yourself/48679-easy-diy-pvc-lighting-upgrade.html

but I was considering using these bulbs here...  

No where on the package does it list the Kelvin that the bulb produces, but it does say that it replicates daylight... What do you guys think? would this be enough for a planted tank?

2. B

Bobby Callaghan Valued Member Member

yes

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Intense enough, yes, good for the plants, no. Usually these "daylight" bulbs don't have the correct output for a planted tank & even if they do the spectrum shifts very quickly to being unsuitable. If you can't find details on Kelvin & spectral output look for "Full Spectrum" globes. Something like this:  

4. OP
    OP
    Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

Hey that's perfect, thanks a bunch Nutter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice