Would this be a good tank for a Betta?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by severage, Jan 8, 2013.

1. severage

severageValued MemberMember

Curious as I plan on getting a tank for a Betta soon, and as I love them. Also do they need live plants and a heater?

2. Nikita

NikitaWell Known MemberMember

I've heard some good things about the tank, not anything bad.

Bettas are Tropical fish so yes it will need a heater. There are some good heaters out there for smaller tanks. Live plants aren't required but you can get them if you please.

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

4. OP
    OP
    severage

severageValued MemberMember

Thank you both. Any particular types of bettas that are prettier than others?

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Whatever you want is what you should get. There are so many different varieties out there, you will definitely find the right betta for you. Some different tail varieties are halfmoons, crowntails, veiltails, and double-tails. The color possibilities are almost endless.

6. Nikita

NikitaWell Known MemberMember

I agree with BolivianBaby. There are so many to choose from. Pick which one that appeals to you best. I recommend going to your local Petco, they usually have BEAUTIFUL male and female bettas. I've gotten a black crowntail there once and it was beautiful.

7. riptide904

riptide904Valued MemberMember

I absolutely adore half moons, they have such big, beautiful fins :) I think my favorite color are blue orchid ones, but all of them are gorgeous