Would planted plus need CO2? 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DanB80TTS, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

If I upgraded from a Fugeray to a planted+ or a planted+24/7 would I need to dive into CO2 also?
    I don't seem to have any algae problems except I did notice a bit of grey hair algae recently, would upping the light open the door to more algae? I dose flourish each week and excel daily.

2. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Look up the PAR rating for your tank depth with each light.

3. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

At 18" depth PAR reading is 30 on the regular Fugeray, not sure on the planted+ or planted+ 24/7

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

No, you wouldnt need CO2 with the Planted Plus, I'm running it on my 75g with a depth of 21" and just using Excel and my plants are doing very well.

5. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

Ok, I think it would put me in the medium light category.
    Next question, planted+ or 24/7?

I'm really drawn to the 24/7 because it takes care of itself and I don't have to remember to turn the light off, but I usually get up turn on the light and dose excel at like 10am-2pm depending on when I get up, so I might miss the peak period with the dose.

The thing I like about the planted+ is its silver, I think the silver design is much nicer than the black, I'm not too worried about the red LED being better on the regular planted+

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
  6. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

You can get a timer for like $5 and run the planted plus with that...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

I could, but outlets are at a premium and a timer would take up room I don't have, I love that the Finnex don't use the big plugs and have the transformer in the line instead.

8. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

Bought the 24/7, the entire Fugeray line and Ray 2 are the same price on Amazon.
    need to try make some money back on my original Fugeray now since it's only 3 months old.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice