29 Gallon Tank Would planted plus need CO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If I upgraded from a Fugeray to a planted+ or a planted+24/7 would I need to dive into CO2 also?
I don't seem to have any algae problems except I did notice a bit of grey hair algae recently, would upping the light open the door to more algae? I dose flourish each week and excel daily.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Look up the PAR rating for your tank depth with each light.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
At 18" depth PAR reading is 30 on the regular Fugeray, not sure on the planted+ or planted+ 24/7

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
No, you wouldnt need CO2 with the Planted Plus, I'm running it on my 75g with a depth of 21" and just using Excel and my plants are doing very well.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok, I think it would put me in the medium light category.
Next question, planted+ or 24/7?

I'm really drawn to the 24/7 because it takes care of itself and I don't have to remember to turn the light off, but I usually get up turn on the light and dose excel at like 10am-2pm depending on when I get up, so I might miss the peak period with the dose.

The thing I like about the planted+ is its silver, I think the silver design is much nicer than the black, I'm not too worried about the red LED being better on the regular planted+

Last edited by a moderator:

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can get a timer for like $5 and run the planted plus with that...

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You can get a timer for like $5 and run the planted plus with that...
I could, but outlets are at a premium and a timer would take up room I don't have, I love that the Finnex don't use the big plugs and have the transformer in the line instead.

DanB80TTS

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bought the 24/7, the entire Fugeray line and Ray 2 are the same price on Amazon.
need to try make some money back on my original Fugeray now since it's only 3 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom