Would one Angelfish be happy in 29 gallon?

King_Snuggles
Would one angle fish be happy by themselves with other fish in a 29 gallon?

Barbrella
One angelfish will be okay on it's own. What other kind of fish do you have, and how many?

COBettaCouple
Our male Angel, Fred did good when he was the only Angel in his tank.

King_Snuggles
I don't have anything yet I'm still deciding on what to get. I was planing on getting KuhlI Loaches an angle and hadn't decided on anything else yet.

Does it have to be a male or can I have either?

Sabi
One of either gender would be perfectly fine.

King_Snuggles
sweet! thank you all for the help I trust you guys more than the LFS employees. I don't remember the last time I asked them anything other than "can you get that one, no that one, no never mind give me the net"

Shawnie
sweet! thank you all for the help I trust you guys more than the LFS employees. I don't remember the last time I asked them anything other than "can you get that one, no that one, no never mind give me the net"

smart move

Sabi
Lol!

Shaina

Lol -- I love it So true.

I've learned to just not argue with them in general. There's a few good ones around here though, that are at least willing to learn -- I gave a new LFS employee a crash course on Bolivian Rams last time I was there when she asked me about them. That fish store is the only one I really trust though...they make sure their "higher up" people really know their stuff, and the new employees who don't know much are strictly instructed to admit when they don't know something and to get one of the more senior workers.

Any way -- good luck with your angel! Do you know what kind of Angelfish you are planning on getting? /me loves angels

King_Snuggles
no I had not planned on a specific type I was just going to go to the store when I was ready and pick one they had.

COBettaCouple
Can't wait to see pics of the new angel when you bring him/her home.

King_Snuggles
it won't be for a while (Aug 18 or 19) all I have is the drift wood. I do have pictures of that though.

COBettaCouple
King_Snuggles
yes, it has bee soaking and drying for a little over a month now. It is still releasing tanis but much more slowly, one more month and it should be good.

COBettaCouple
Did you try boiling it? I put our piece in a stock pot, brought it to a boil and left it there for 15-20 min. Then I turned off the burner and let the wood sit in there until the water cooled. Then I soaked it overnight in cold water and it's really released very little tanins since.

King_Snuggles
I though about boiling it but it is to big. I don't have a pot to fit it. its ok I have time to let it soak. should I bake it in the oven?

Allie
I have a spare silver angelfish female here who needs to be alone, she is super aggressive. I had to remove her from the angel tank today. She beat he poop out of my other female last night. I honestly felt like flushing her I was so mad.
Too bad we don't live nearby....I have been trying to sell her for over a month. Everyone is getting into Africans cichlids or discus around here.

King_Snuggles
I have a spare silver angelfish female here who needs to be alone, she is super aggressive. I had to remove her from the angel tank today. She beat he poop out of my other female last night. I honestly felt like flushing her I was so mad.
Too bad we don't live nearby....I have been trying to sell her for over a month. Everyone is getting into Africans cichlids or discus around here.

well if your ever in florida between now and august I'm sure she would be happy with a group of KulI loaches and a school of dither fish.

COBettaCouple
No, I think baking driftwood would just cause a fire.
I though about boiling it but it is to big. I don't have a pot to fit it. its ok I have time to let it soak. should I bake it in the oven?

King_Snuggles
lol that's what I thought but I had read it somewhere. its drying now and looking really good so a few more weeks and it will be ready.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
Linda1234
  • Question
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies