Would neon tetras be ok with a breeding pair of gouramis? Question

1. rlanghans

rlanghans New Member Member

I'm looking to get 1 or 2 female dwarf gouramis to give my 1 male some company. I know there not schooling fish but i think he may like something to do. Anyway if it doesn't work out i've got a 10 gallon with room for the ladies.
    Aqadvisor.com tells me the Dwarf G's in breeding pairs may attack the neon tetras. I don't know what to beleive!???

So would neon tetras be ok with a breeding pair of gouramis?

(btw= 30 gallon tank)

Please let me know what you think!!

Also, do all types of dwarf gouramis get along or do i need to stick with Neon Blue Dwarfs?

:;thx

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I don't think they would particularly attack the neons just that they will attack anything that gets close to them or their breeding area including the other gourami and the platys.
    All of these fish swim occupy basically the same level in the tank and adding the gouramis will make it crowded.
    Hope you don't mind I merged your two threads. It's confusing if you have the same question in several different places. Thanks
    Carol

3. a

aquariumgirl lauren Valued Member Member

The gouramis shouldn't attack the neon tetras, but getting a female dwarf gourami may be difficult since LFS don't sell them since they are dull in color, but you could get some from a breeder.

4. OP
    OP
    rlanghans

rlanghans New Member Member

Yeah i don't think im getting any new Gourami's. I'll just let him run the place for awhile. He seems to like it.

Thanks for merging the threads, im pretty new to this so i figured starting a thread in the stocking and Gourami forums may better my chances of getting a response. Next time ill just stick with one, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again!