Would Love To Breed Betta's But What Chance Do They Really Have?

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am just throwing this out there - I would love a go at breeding some Betta, just a one off but with this fish being so badly cared for, I feel it is a no go. Yes, you can try to ensure the very best homes etc but what happens if the fish are passed on further down the line etc. I worry so much that they could end up in vases or tiny tanks etc.

Does anyone who breeds have this worry?

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Everyone who breeds has this worry. Even animals like dogs and reptiles. It's a chance you have to take. Unfortunately, with fish, you don't usually get a chance to be that picky with who gets one of your animals.

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is the worry isn't it. And this is what is stopping me. Unless I build a massive set up for the all LOL. I rescue cats so see first hand how disposable even they are I think I will just keep looking at the 2 beauties I already have

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am going to get into breeding this summer, and I actually don't have a worry yet!

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
I wish I didn't - would really love to watch the process (not a fish pervert or anything LOL) but to watch them grow and colours develop etc. Must be so exciting.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Crapapples said:
Yes, this is the worry isn't it. And this is what is stopping me. Unless I build a massive set up for the all LOL. I rescue cats so see first hand how disposable even they are I think I will just keep looking at the 2 beauties I already have
Awesome that you rescue cats! I rescue exotics (mainly herps, amphibians, and fish). That sounds like a great idea. Breeding is extremely stressful for everyone involved (that includes me).

Crapapples

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can't beat a few cats I used to help out with some reptile rescue years ago and have a number of burmese pythons that people either surrendered or left behind when they moved home etc Amazingly beautiful snakes, absolutely love them

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Crapapples said:
Can't beat a few cats I used to help out with some reptile rescue years ago and have a number of burmese pythons that people either surrendered or left behind when they moved home etc Amazingly beautiful snakes, absolutely love them
There aren't many snakes to rescue near me, but there are a lot of lizards, amphibians, and salamanders, so I've learned to do pretty well with amphibians.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom