Would like you all to meet Precious! :-)

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is a video clip of my new female betta named Precious. Her tank is a wee bit bare, but I will remedy that asap. Took an ugly silk plant out of the 29 gallon to add to the beneficial bacteria. What do you think? Shes a teeny thing.. ;D

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
Oh she's so darling! She looks so happy and peaceful in her tank.
She looks just like my Angel. Angel looked just like that when I got her and within a couple months started getting a lot of turquoise on her back. Here's a pic of my girl. They could be sisters!

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Phloxface said:
Oh she's so darling! She looks so happy and peaceful in her tank. 
She looks just like my Angel. Angel looked just like that when I got her and within a couple months started getting a lot of turquoise on her back. Here's a pic of my girl. They could be sisters!
WOW your right! ;D they can be twins! aww Angel is sweet..... Maybe Precious will get more turquoise on her back as well. Thanks for sharing Angels photo!
;D

Jendayi

Reaction score
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a female here with the lovely finnage that she has. Very pretty girl!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She is lovely and the very first Dalmation female I have ever seen. You have a treasure there and she has a very sweet little face too. Welcome to you, little Precious. The name fits her.

Rose

Jendayi

Reaction score
LOL! Well, going by his name he should be a lover and not a fighter Maybe I'll move my monitor over so he can see the video...

By the way, what is a Dalmation betta? Is is a specific coloration?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JendayI said:
LOL! Well, going by his name he should be a lover and not a fighter Maybe I'll move my monitor over so he can see the video...

A dalmation Betta is the result of a betta putting on his betta suit, getting drunk on Prime and thinking that dog at the fire station is looking pretty hot tonight! It is a style & the colors can be different.

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
Dalmation Bettas have spots (not little speckles but spots) of any color different than their body color on their body or fins. The pattern of spots never changes and doesn't always cover the entire body. Marbled Bettas also sometimes look like they have spots, but a marbled Betta will have constantly changing patterns and even changing color throughout their lives.
Romeo and my Niles should be changing their looks constantly and it should be interesting to see what new "clothes" they decide to change into.

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JendayI said:
Wow I don't think I've ever seen a female here with the lovely finnage that she has. Very pretty girl!
Thank you Jendayi~
I'm very proud of her. There was another that looked almost like her sister there at the LFS. But Precious has such a sweet face, I couldnt resist her. Even after checking out a crowntail male that was absolutely beautiful, I kept her in sight and knew she was the one to come home with me. ;D

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chickadee said:
She is lovely and the very first Dalmation female I have ever seen.  You have a treasure there and she has a very sweet little face too.  Welcome to you, little Precious.  The name fits her.

Rose
Hello Rose,
Thank you.. I didnt know she was a dalmation and after reading your post I went and looked at her some more. It seems that she has two round dots on her tail fin. Is that what you meant? She is a sweetie pie and continues to come to the glass whenever I am in the room. When I put her into a glass bowl to change out her gravel and add a few things to her tank, she just stayed on that side of the glass an watched me as I worked. It was so funny.. her looking at me and her tank and wondering what the heck I was doing to her home lol. She was very curious when she went back in and had to check it all out. I found a silk plant and a small roman column at a yardsale this am. Unfortunatly it was in what looked like a large vase.. grr.. an the women said she had a betta in there. I looked at it and couldnt believe that she would put a fish in there. She had two vases with aquarium plant and beach glass. I brought home the decoration after stopping at a pet supply shop where I picked up some gravel. Now Precious is all set!
Will take photos on monday of her new home redo. ;D

Jendayi

Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
A dalmation Betta is the result of a betta putting on his betta suit, getting drunk on Prime and thinking that dog at the fire station is looking pretty hot tonight!
lol you are a mess

Phloxface said:
...but a marbled Betta will have constantly changing patterns and even changing color throughout their lives.
Romeo and my Niles should be changing their looks constantly and it should be interesting to see what new "clothes" they decide to change into.
I did not know that! I hope Romeo doesn't lose his little koI looking spot on his head, I just think it's so cute. These little guys are just so interesting...

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
voiceless_kat said:
Capekate...your Precious is truly precious!!  She looks so serene gliding around the tank...welcome & congrats!! Val
Precious says thank you for making her feel welcome!  ;D

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
JendayI said:

A dalmation Betta is the result of a betta putting on his betta suit, getting drunk on Prime and thinking that dog at the fire station is looking pretty hot tonight!   It is a style & the colors can be different.
****...... ;D

New Threads