Would like to have this tank set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlilyjade

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would like to have this set up in my 10 gal tank. It has been fully cycled for awhile now. I have 3 ghost shrimps and 3 black neon tetras in the tank. Sand as the substrate. And only one fake plant as now. The PH is neutral. Temp is 74

What i want is to put in a Anacharis plant, Hygrophila (temple narrow leaf), Four Leaf Clover, Micro Sword, Ruffle Plant. Are these plants ok is it to many? I have high light but no co2 system.

And the fish i want after i get the plants established are...
3 ghost shrimp
3 black neon tetras
5 cherry barbs
3 otocinclus catfish
1 freshwater clam 2"

Would this be over crowding the tank? Please help any suggests appreciated.

Last edited:

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Neons are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of at least 5. Oto's are also schooling fish from what I understand, but I think you can get away with 3 of them. But just make sure there is enough algae production in your tank to keep them fed. From what I understand they don't take very readily to algae wafers.

flyinggogo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My otto's will eat the wafers, but only if they don't have enough to eat. They have no idea what the waffers are, but if they are hungry it only takes one of them finding it and eating it to get the rest to start eating them. At least that's my experience with them. Every once in a while they will all be together on the same wall eating but from my experience they don't school per say, they are just more comfy with others around.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!

No Black Neons and no Barbs. If you want neons, get the regular ones. Black neons get considerably larger, and barbs are much too active.

Ottos and clams can be tricky. I'd hold off on them until much later. Clams feed out of the water column, so they need lots of floaty bits, but at the same time need water that is low in nitrates and nitrates. Ottos are similar, but need a tank with lots of algea. Most will not eat prepared foods, or even veggies.

OP
tigerlilyjade

tigerlilyjade

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok how about this set up same plants as before but the fish as....
6 Golden White Cloud
3 ottos
3 ghost shrimp
3 female guppies (want to keep them away from the male guppies that are in another tank)

What does everyone think?

Last edited:
OP
tigerlilyjade

tigerlilyjade

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I want to get a small rock with a hidding place, then i think i will be done. Let the plants grow for a bit and then and the rest of the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom