Would like some help with improving my 30 gallon scape please! :)

AverageAquarist22

Hi Fishlore! I’ve been reading George Farmer’s book and planning on reading Karen A. Randall’s book on aquascaping as well, but I’d still like some help from you guys! I like my 30 gallon scape pretty well, but I do think it needs some improving (mainly plants and a bit more hardscape adjusting, as well as possibly another piece of driftwood or two!) I’ve been liking the look of concave aquascapes lately, so I’m thinking I might do that. If anyone has other suggestions however, those would be perfectly welcome :) I’m also looking for good plant suggestions and considering whether I should add a layer of gravel underneath my sand (I feel like past me might not have done enough research on substrates before going out and buying substrate...) I’m going to order a Nicrew light today, so I‘m thinking about possibly switching the aquarium lighting to low/ medium, as opposed to just low. Also, if you have any recommendations on places to get cheap, good quality driftwood I would love that!
image.jpg *filter is not running in this picture because I took this right before starting a water change* please don’t pay attention to the algae scrubber right in the middle lol

connorjs1004

I actually really like the positioning of your hard scape!
When you say improvements for your plants, do you mean adding more or moving around the ones already in your tank?

AverageAquarist22

I meant adding more :) I like the plants I have already, but I’d like a few more too

Rye3434

My only suggestion would be to move some of the rocks forward a little and some back a little, just to create some more dynamics rather than just a (relatively) straight line

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views
Preston Landolt
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views