Would like help IDing my new fish

1. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

Hello, I bought a new 30 gallon yesterday, and have no idea what type of fish are in it, I think that there are two Jack Dempseys, but I am not sure, if you can help it would be awesome!
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

looks like 3 to me and only 1 can fit in a tank that size for any amount of time :( beautiful fish though!

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like a JD to me, too. That's a 30g tank? I thought it was a 55g.

4. Slug Well Known Member Member

Yes, looks like all JD's to me too.

5. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Curious, are those rocks somehow attached? Because a slight bump of the tank might send them crashing down, potentially on a fish.

6. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

Nope, this one is a 30 gallon. My roommate bought another tank yesterday as well from the same person and his is a 55 gallon.

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, dear. A 30g really doesn't have enough swimming space for JD's. Could you possibly put the JD's in the 55g?

8. Plecosaurous Initiate Member

My roommate's tank also has 2 JD's, I also own a 55 gallon, and could possibly switch the fish, but it would probably overstock the 30 gallon. Any advice?

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

MTS seems like the cure for this;). Maybe look around Craigslist for another 30g and another 55g? You could split your 55g stock between the two 30g's, put two JD's in the 55 and the third JD in the other 55.

Another option would be to get another 30g, split your 55g stock, put your two JD's in the 55 and re-home the third.

I hope this helps!

10. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Indoor pond for the Jack Dempseys? :;tg