Would it work? 10 Gallon Tank

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I want to get a 10 gallon for christmas and I want to know if my stocking idea might work:
    6 endlers
    3 sparkling gouramis
    10 red cherry shrimp

2. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi GouramiGuy,

Your stocking list looks nice. Just keep up with your normal water changes and you'll do fine :) I'm not sure about the Gouramies though. Wait for more opinions from other members about that. Good luck! :;hf

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

The gouramis would only grow to be and inch or two

4. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I know about their size :) I'm just worried about their behaviour. Most gouramies have territorial problems so they are prefered to be kept in pairs, I don't know about sparkling gouramies.

5. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Oh sparkling gouramis are very peaceful from what I've read and heard

6. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I've heard of that too. But I've had experience with Pearl Gouramies that are said to be peaceful as well but they fight against each other. Had problems with my five Pearls a few years back. Therefore, I had to keep only two.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

They're very peaceful until they spawn then they turn evil. lol I've got 3 who
    started out in my 30g. When they spawned they took over 1/2 my tank and wouldn't let anyone else past the filter intake.
    I suspect they killed a lyre tail guppy and body slammed the other guppy so much I had to move him. I also had to move the 3rd S. Gourami, he was taking a beating also.
    Be prepared to move fish if need be.
    Otherwise, they're great little fish and make the cutest clicking noise.

8. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Yah pearls are peaceful but if you put males together than they will bicker with each other. I think Lucy has some experience with sparkling gouramis, I wish she was on

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

;) Look up.

10. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

LOL I we posted at the same time, so I think the gouramis would be good and if they started to spawn I could move them into a 5 gallon I have just sittting around

11. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I think that's a perfect plan :happy0034:
    If you see the male start to build a bubble nest or a female (they're hard to sex) staking out territory, imo, thats when you should move them.
    Or when 2 start to hang with each other more than the others.

Don't forget pictures!

12. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

:;lg That was funny!

13. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

It's going to be awhile before I get the tank though and I dont even know if I'm getting it