Would I Be Overstocked

1. Connor_

Connor_ Member Member

I have a 29 Gallon bow front tank moderately planted with Java Fern, Anubis Nana, dwarf sag, and crypts, my filteration is on the heavy side with an Ehime canister, along with an HOB, I dose a weekly all in one fertilizer, and do 50% WCs weekly. With my current stocking would I be overstocked if I added 2 more corydoras to complete my shoal?

Stock List:
    Golden Gourami x 1
    Cardinal Tetra x 7
    Harlequin Rasbora x 7
    Bristlenose pleco x 1
    corydoras aeneus x 4

The corydoras are showing no signs of stress.

Thanks

2. Katie13

Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

The Corydoras need a larger school.

3. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Connor_ Member Member

I usually see 6 corys advised as the minimum shoal size, and I'd most definitely like to increase my shoal which is why I posted.

4. Katie13

Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I believe you could get by with it.

5. sweendog87

sweendog87 Member Member

With the filtration and wc you do it should be fine to put a reef more corys in they will definatly be happier you will see they will be more active and social with a larger shoal

6. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

What are the exact dimensions of this tank? Yes, add more C. aeneus corys.

7. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Connor_ Member Member

Its actually smaller than I thought it was I looked up the demensions and discovered it's most likely a 26 gallon with the demensions L24xW15xH21, I'm not home right now or I'd measure

8. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Dimensions tell me it's a 33 gallon tank. By the looks of the dimensions, I wouldn't do the BN pleco and the C. aeneus. But, I'd measure just to make sure the dimensions are correct.

9. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with aquatickeeper.

10. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Connor_ Member Member

Why wouldnt you guys do both the BN and C.aeneus ?

11. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

A 2 foot tank is a bit small for both a pleco and cories.

12. OP
    OP
    Connor_

Connor_ Member Member

In terms of bioload or space?
    Because my cycle is fully supporting everything at the moment, and along with my live plants and WCs my nitrates stay controlled.

In terms of space, at the moment they are inhabiting different areas of the tank, as the pleco stays on the driftwood, plants, and glass, while the corries stay in the open section of the tank. Though I must take into consideration that the bristle nose is a juvenile.