would an oscar be compatible with a RTBS

NMfishman

Do you think a red tailed black shark would be a good tankmate with an oscar.

izzyfishfarmer

until the oscar got big enough to eat him

NMfishman

do you really think a fully grown oscar could eat a fully grown RTBS? or are you just thinking that the oscar would pick at the RTBS till he died?

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Akari_32

well I used to have to a 8 inch oscar that *tried* to eat a 10 inch Pleco. niether of them were very happy after wards..... (XD) he ate anything that could be eaten in a few bites, or bullied to death then eaten... dunno if that helped or not lol

e_watson09

One way oscars kill their prey is by slamming them up against the glass. So even if the RTBS isn't small enough for him to swallow he can still kill it. Plus I'm not sure what size tank you're planning on for them. But I say no.

NMfishman

ok thanks you all, I kinda figured they would not work... I was just dreaming anyways

Akari_32

lol its ok. Oscars are better alone any way. they love their owners too (tho I think mine had it out for me XD)

NMfishman

they are really cool fish and get to know there owner... I wish I could get one but the biggest tank I could get them would be a 55 gal and that's not big enough

Akari_32

NMfishman said:
they are really cool fish and get to know there owner... I wish I could get one but the biggest tank I could get them would be a 55 gal and that's not big enough
its ok if you do a lot of water changes, I think

NMfishman

Akari_32 said:
its ok if you do a lot of water changes, I think
Yeah it might be I am still playing with the idea, but there is a good chance I won't be getting the tank so it wouldn't matter if I don't have the tank ( it will depend on if my dad sells me his mustang and then if I can fit it in the back of the car, which I think I can if I lay the back seat down. I will also have to drive it from Maryland to New Mexico

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom